All reviews business trip air con reading festival trouser press henley regatta train station reading city centre room was spacious definitely stay here again comfortable stay thames
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I reached Reading on 12th June and was looking for a decent accommodation for a few days before I can rent an apartment. Julie was in the reception when I walked in to check whether they have any vacancy. The decor inside managed to convey a sense of ease and cheer without being loud. The room was clean, reasonable spacious and once again conveyed a sense of ease. I have to travel a lot and usually being able to feel at home in a hotel is not so common, but somehow, Thameside did that magic from the start - the magicians being the owners Brian and Julie. I am still staying in Thameside and plan to do so at least a few more months.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We booked into this hotel due to its convenience to the train station in Reading city centre. We were met by Julie (the owner) who was lovely and very welcoming! The rooms were spacious and clean and the breakfast we were given was lovely, all freshly cooked and loads of it! Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Reading

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Vivianne J
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We stayed here due to the location but the rooms were old, limited towels, wifi did not work and generally it was poor value. The lady on reception was pleasant but failed to mention that we would hear every movement in the next room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel
Convenient in every corner
Price wise reasonable
Nice and friendly staff.
I reccomed the business people to the hotel any time.I never ecounter any problem at the hotel ,rooms are tidy clean
Smell nice and freshhotwater always,nice breakfast
fresh fresh.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Faeces in toilet, dirty floors, windows, bathroom...mouse droppings found in the bed.
Then I had to call the police as the owner let himself into my room after I dared to ask to change rooms or have cleaning bedding and started threatening me verbally and blocking my exit.
As a lone female on a business trip this was terrifying

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank girlwonder22uk
thamesreading, Owner at Thameside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Girlwonder22uk

Thank you for your feedback on the Thameside Hotel .It was disappointing to read your comments.
You have stayed over 3 hours in the bedroom used all the facilities and then decided to ask for a refund.
I have not heard from you until 9.30pm when you phone reception to complaint about the room being dirty and there was mouse droppings in your bed.

I offered to change your room but refused and told me that if I do not give you a refund you will slander the Hotel all over the internet starting with TripAdvisor.

The Hotel was inspected by the Environmental Health which you called. After thorough inspection there was no mouse droppings found in the whole hotel.The droppings from your room was weeks old.Your bedroom was serviced within 2 hours of your check- in to the hotel.

The Hotel Held a 5*Hygiene Certificate for over 30 years. According to the authority your allegations are untrue.and I do have other evidence to support this.