All reviews business trip air con reading festival trouser press henley regatta train station reading city centre room was spacious definitely stay here again comfortable stay thames
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel
Convenient in every corner
Price wise reasonable
Nice and friendly staff.
I reccomed the business people to the hotel any time.I never ecounter any problem at the hotel ,rooms are tidy clean
Smell nice and freshhotwater always,nice breakfast
fresh fresh.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Faeces in toilet, dirty floors, windows, bathroom...mouse droppings found in the bed.
Then I had to call the police as the owner let himself into my room after I dared to ask to change rooms or have cleaning bedding and started threatening me verbally and blocking my exit.
As a lone female on a business trip this was terrifying

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank girlwonder22uk
thamesreading, Owner at Thameside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Girlwonder22uk

Thank you for your feedback on the Thameside Hotel .It was disappointing to read your comments.
You have stayed over 3 hours in the bedroom used all the facilities and then decided to ask for a refund.
I have not heard from you until 9.30pm when you phone reception to complaint about the room being dirty and there was mouse droppings in your bed.

I offered to change your room but refused and told me that if I do not give you a refund you will slander the Hotel all over the internet starting with TripAdvisor.

The Hotel was inspected by the Environmental Health which you called. After thorough inspection there was no mouse droppings found in the whole hotel.The droppings from your room was weeks old.Your bedroom was serviced within 2 hours of your check- in to the hotel.

The Hotel Held a 5*Hygiene Certificate for over 30 years. According to the authority your allegations are untrue.and I do have other evidence to support this.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

For almost £100 a night the least I expect is a clean room, alas I did not get, I would not recommend nor will I return.
Room was circa 1990 complete with trouser press (pac testing almost 1yr overdue). Very visible dust accumulations brought into question general cleanliness and sure enough the floor was scattered with bits, bath came complete with someone else’s hair in the plug, sink was not clean and the bath had a grab rail that would leave you with shredded hands if used. Flagged to staff so hopefully receives attention before next guest checks in.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2018

The room I stayed in was tired and in need of a good scrub. I don't know how many different hairs were on the bathroom floor but none were mine! I had to put my socks back on if I needed to go to the loo because the floor hadn't been cleaned in a long while.

The radiator was on full all night as the TRV valve had failed, but I explained this in the morning so they may not have been aware. Also a few of the lights do not work. All in all it could be ok with a good clean as the one person I met was very nice and accommodating but this alone is not enough to recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2017

The hotel is near the central Railway line and centre of Reading. Parking is available but at the rear of the hotel accessed by a narrow alleyway, with limited space.
My room was at the top of some steep stairs and overlooked the main road. (some noise via window). Aircon is available with the main heating turned on at 16.00. The room was small but OK for 1 night with good wifi. The main reason I have given it a very good rating is because of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and tea and coffee was brought to my room. I would return because of them.

Room Tip: Stay at rooms at the back, if noise keeps you awake
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business