All reviews business trip air con reading festival trouser press henley regatta train station reading city centre room was spacious definitely stay here again comfortable stay thames
Reviewed 3 March 2017

The staff at the Thameside are the friendliest i have come across in all my years of travelling around the country. The food was exceptional, home cooked fresh to order. The menu was not extensive but the owners were more than happy to get what i requested if i ordered the day before.
The staff/owners were amazing
The room was clean and tidy, plenty of hot water, everything worked as it should. Bed was very comfortable, noise not too bad and i am a night worker so had to sleep during the day
All in an excellent stay

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Stayed at the Thameside for a trip into London as I didn't want to pay the extortionate prices for London hotels in midweek and was really pleased with my stay at the Thameside.

Spoke to a nice lady who booked me into a room and provided directions for a car park which is around the back of the hotel. It is a tight squeeze to get into the car park but it was safe and included in the price which was great considering how easy it is to walk to Reading station from here.

I didn't get back to the hotel until very late in the evening but I was greeted by a lovely night porter who showed me into the room, offered a drink and provided wifi access.

I left without experiencing breakfast but all in all i thought the hotel was excellent value and I will certainly look to stay there again when I am due to be in London

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The entrance to the hotel car park is through an alleyway 150mm wider than an Audi A6 Avant...I know this because I successfully drove through it without scratching my car. The hotel is a bit dated, with little kerbside appeal and not located by the side of the River Thames. The check-in staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. I stayed in an apartment located in the car park. It was clean and quiet with an en-suite wet room. The room had a kitchenette, air-con, small settee and a TV. The bed was comfortable and the bed linen and towels were clean and fresh. The hotel is 15 minutes walk from the city centre and a 15 minute drive to the M4 motorway.

Room Tip: Apartment rooms at rear of hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This place was an unexpected surprise after staying in some rather dreadful places elsewhere in the area. The room was very nice. The AC was nice and cold. Nice in-room bathroom and very friendly service. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I will not be rushing back. Should be 50 pounds. Tired and not like website. Breakfast was simple with limited selection .
Receptionist was friendly and welcoming.
Pictures tell the story and I wished I have book the ibis,etc
Dirty tired bathroom, wardrobe held together with wood support.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business