All reviews business trip air con reading festival trouser press henley regatta train station reading city centre room was spacious definitely stay here again comfortable stay thames
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I will not be rushing back. Should be 50 pounds. Tired and not like website. Breakfast was simple with limited selection .
Receptionist was friendly and welcoming.
Pictures tell the story and I wished I have book the ibis,etc
Dirty tired bathroom, wardrobe held together with wood support.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank fluddy
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Just got back from a one night stay at Thameside hotel whilst in Reading for the festival. The hotel has a fantastic location, very near to the train station and within walking distance of the festival site. Staff were really helpful both during and before our stay, providing information on how to find them and making us some off-menu lunch during an especially busy time for them. The buffet breakfast was particularly good. Would stay again if visiting Reading.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I arrived on Railair from LHR. The hotel is a short walk with Aldis & TGI Friday's along the way. It is not an attractive location. The reception,bar & dining rooms gave a good impression. There was only 1staff, & she was serving in the restaurant. She was very friendly, asked me to wait & treated me to a delicious large cappuccino & biscuits while I waited. My single room was 2 flights up a narrow staircase, no elevator, but a young man arrived & carried my heavy bag up.
The room was clean with a double bed, good linens & pillows. The bed was a bit sloping & soft in the middle, & I prefer firm mattresses. The furnishings were hostal-like & worn. A small upholstered chair was stained. Hardwood floor, no rugs a bit noisy. Fortunately there was a remote controlled A/C which was quiet & worked well. There was a good t.v. with a lot of stations. The bathroom was a good size, nice tile on the floors & walls with new caulking. Deep tub - big step up & in & good shower. Rough towel, shampoo & bath gel. Coffee/tea service, no decaf. Iron, ironing board & hair dryer in the room. It was a nice sized room for a single in the UK. Free wi-fi was good. Breakfast was an extra 11 lbs , & I didn't have it. I have no complaints & slept well. I felt it was overpriced; but when I booked, it was one of the cheaper in the area. I would recommend it for rail travelers in particular. My experience deserves a high 3 but not a 4 .

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

The hotel - for what it is, is very expensive and is a mish mash of different looks. I wouldn't stay there again - it's very similar to a hostel.
We didn't want the restaurant owing to the look of the place. Plus I wouldn't trust the kitchen. The hotel is situated on the side of a busy road, there are better hotels for a similar price available in better locations within reading.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Blacksaucepan
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Strange receptionist looked surprised and seemed a bit overexcited to have a guest - perhaps they don't have many.
He insisted on walking me to my room and explaining how to turn the lights on, showing me the radiator, etc. Then b*ggered around with the radiator valve. Not the brightest spark as he closed the valve thereby turning the radiator off. Thanks.
Meanwhile his inappropriately casually dressed colleague on reception was selling festival tickets on the phone (by the sounds of it).
I got charged for breakfast I didn't ask for and didn't have time for as I had an early morning start.
The hotel was very, very tired inside and out. It seems the only money spent recently was on a coffee bar downstairs. I would have preferred they had attended to the laminate floor in my room that was so buckled it had formed a 2" high ridge to trip over. Added to this what looked like insect droppings on the bed, mildew in the bathroom, etc. They couldn't even afford to replace the broken chain on the bath plug it seems!
To me this place seems like a failing business and I can't imagine it will be around much longer under the current owners.
Tosh. Avoid.