1,153 results
All reviewswooden bathmallard suiteorient expressflying scotsmantrain stationlow lightinghuge bathroomsuperior roomreading stationmini barncp car parkcooked breakfastan upgradesaturday nightfantastic staylovely roombar area
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here two years ago and decided to come back for an anniversary meal. The food was spot on but the service was very bad. They prioritise the people staying at the hotel and leave you sitting. We had enough at the end waiting for the dessert menu so we had to go to the till near the door to pay . They tried to keep us there to make it up to us but we were disgusted by this stage. When you go out you expect good service and I’m very shocked by how malmaison has deteriorated on this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mula6
Marie W, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello mula6,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to read that you found the food to be spot on, but disappointed to hear that you did not find the service to be as expected. Having spoken with my colleague who looked after you, it was not his intention to offer you poor service and the manager did try to try and sort something for you on the night. I find it frustrating that we were not able to resolve the issue on the evening.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel could be really good. Reception staff seem half engaged and housekeeping could show a bit more care. Dust near enough everywhere. Glasses and mugs in room dirty. Chrome in the bathroom covered in watermarks. I paid for an upgrade to Club Mal and these things let down the whole experience. Breakfast however, was another story! It was amazing. Service was excellent too. I would return again hoping these things are just oversights!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Marie W, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello Kieran83,

Thank you for your review.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the Breakfast and service, I am however disappointed to hear that you did not find your room to be up to standard.

I hope that you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A delicious dinner at Mal Reading where we were looked after by a very attentive team. We opted for the Spring menu, which is a small collection of some seasonal items from the main menu but put into a nice package deal price. The best thing was, the deal didn't mean portion size suddenly shrank or service dropped - everything was exactly as you'd expect from Mal and I was suitably full and satisfied after what was a very tasty two course meal. A great hideaway restaurant, relaxed and warm atmosphere away from the main drag in Reading - plus their cocktails are fab!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hello ZBPRZ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your dinner with us and felt that the team were very attentive.

We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked an afternoon tea as a treat for mums. We met and had a drink in the bar first, I was impressed that they had Brewdog Punk IPA on tap!

When we finished our drinks we were shown to our table. There was a solo singer playing an acoustic guitar in the background whuch was a really nice touch.

The staff were extremely friendly, professional and attentive. We were served prosecco and when the food came out it was well presented and tasted even better!

We (and most importantly the mums) really enjoyed our visit and cant recommend the place enough. We will definately be going back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello Jay D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are delighted that you chose Malmaison to celebrate Mothers Day and that you enjoyed the ambiance in the bar area. We hope that you will come and experience the hotel for another event soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The attentiveness of the staff was brilliant - extremely professional and courteous.

The food was great, we opted for the Mal Afternoon Tea which was a quirky take on the traditional format with a mini burger, a beetroot wrap, a bagel and a selection of cakes, deserts and scones.

Well worth the price!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Marie W, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hello Andrew J,

Thank for leaving some comments following your Afternoon Tea.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our twist on the Afternoon Tea and felt it was good value also!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.