1,173 results
All reviews wooden bath mallard suite flying scotsman train station huge bathroom superior room reading station mini bar ncp car park cooked breakfast an upgrade saturday night lovely room bar area town centre brasserie rocket
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

If you like a room so dark you can't see what you're doing (dressing, ironing, etc) and a view of a white wall from your window, this place is for you.
I am struggling to say something nice, so I'll stop. Could be great, but actually depressing.
Breakfast OK, but a little slow. Bar is acceptable.
Advice: Try Novotel round the corner first.

Stayed: June 2016
Marie W, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Daryn M,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I do apologise that our style and décor is not to your liking. We are indeed a dark and warmly decorated brand and we do understand that this is not to everyone’s personal choice. Indeed as you mention some rooms are darker than others so do let us know if you change your mind and would like to return and we will be sure to allocate you a lighter room, it will however still be very much in the ‘Mal’ style!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

My son took his old dad, me and wife to Malmaison.
I have to say what a nice surprise. The selection of starters (help yourself), contained just about everything you could want and was delicious! Seafoods, salads, cold meats, warm bread.My favorite were the roll mops, they were really good.
We had the Sunday roast beef, again super, melt in the mouth beef a good selection of vegetables. A nice bootle of Chilean Merlot and great sweets to follow.
I was then give a Fathers day gift bag with chocolate, a bottle of beer and some cufflinks. What a great idea. We will be back, sooner than later.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Philip H,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are very glad that you and your party enjoyed the celebrative experience with us in our Chez Mal. I
We look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Reading again soon for the next special occasion!

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Give me a morning coffee and room service...or maybe not. Dodgey plugs in the room...the ones that go spark...meant the coffee machine didn't work...so no coffee. Reception sounded a little bit bored of our early morning plight but after a day out at the races everyone is in need of a cafine lift!

Looonnnggg wait for room service but once it arrived the continental breakfast was that little bit special. Faith restored in part...

So Malmaison...reception needs training, room service need to up the game and please...sort out the plugs!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear 4Surrey_Travellers,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I sincerely apologise that your experience at Malmaison Reading did not meet your expectations and that we failed to give you all the quality of stay that you deserved. I have looked into the comments that you have made and put processes in place to ensure that this does not happen again.
I hope this goes some way in building your confidence that we are not a hotel chain who wishes to live off its brand. We do care and we are making an on-going effort to improve the areas of our product that fall short of our guests expectations.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed her for a rare night away from the children. The hotel is up to the usual Malmaison standards and is in a perfect location for bars and shopping. We'll worth a visit if you are in the area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear 7milecouple,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your kind comments about our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Reading again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I arranged my sisters Bachelorette & we stayed over night. Rooms were lovely and staff took extra care of my sister, leaving a card in her room & giving her the best room! Stephanie Dutton deserves a mention for outstanding customer service!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Tanandabackpack,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your sister hen party celebrations with us and thank you for the feedback regarding the room and indeed the staff they are indeed a huge tribute for the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Reading again soon.