1,190 results
All reviews train station friar street central location town centre pubs and restaurants car park rooms are small reception staff reading station comfortable bed saturday night air con the hotel is clean short stay business trip good nights sleep night's sleep
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I is hotel was ok but too noisy. If it hadn't been for the disturbance throughout the nice it would have been a good budget option. Staff dealt with issue when reported but that was at 4 am after many hours of being woken up by people shouting, singing, banging doors. Staff dismissed the issue in the morning saying "yes, this is what happens at weekends". Also, there is no available parking although a reduction will be offered for up to 24 hours this includes one entry only so if you are coming in and out of town it can add significantly to the cost. Also the rooms are poorly ventilated. It would be a good party option and possibly quieter during the week.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
ibisReading, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Guest,
I am very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused you because of noise. It was the busiest weekend of the year because of the Reading festival and we had many youngsters in the hotel and that was the main reason for the noise level to be high. Please accept my sincere apology one more time.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

It's a typical Ibis - clean with a wierd plasticky bathroom but all fine for a short stay. Beds are not very soft. Breakfast is fairly impressive (but should be included in the price!).
The location of this hotel is right on the high street so couldn't be more central. Free wifi, tea/coffee/kettle in the room. We stayed during the reading festival - so they charged nearly three times as much as normal - hence loosing a star on value for money this week. At their normal price it is very good value. One-gell-for-everything in bathroom means bring your own shampoo/soap if you prefer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Very happy with the stay. Great wifi 60Mb/s both directions! Air con nice central location, room small but comfortable, nice view if you're on the higher floors, overall very good value for the price, very nice stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ibisReading, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Reviewed 24 August 2016

A brilliant little hotel in the centre of Reading. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble, even when really busy. Breakfast substantial, room clean and beds comfy.I was pleasantly surprised at how committed the young staff were to customer service. Well done!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean and well laid out - nothing to find fault with. The rooms are a good size and the beds comfy. Full size desk which is useful if you need to work and plenty of power points (including USB oned which is a nice touch).

Trip type: Travelled on business
ibisReading, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016