1,444 results
All reviews separate toilet wash your hands train station car park executive room friar street swimming pool steam room and sauna high floor the sofa bed central location leisure facilities bars and restaurants location is excellent centre of town saturday night early check
Reviewed 12 August 2018

staff was friendly and helpfull 100% the hotel itself was clean and tidy,we had a very good nights sleep.The facilities was very good.We had soup of the day(to die for) we've just canelled a booking so we can come back 100%

Date of stay: July 2018
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Tony Killick

Thank you very much for your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
My team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I was glad to know that you enjoyed our services and you felt relaxed and welcome.
I hope you have a nice holiday :)

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

After arriving back from Canada our flight back to Newcastle was cancelled. BA were excellent in sorting out new flight, but even the BA Rep was surprised when the nearest available hotel was Reading from T5 Heathrow!! We chose the Novotel and were subsequently delighted with our choice. The staff couldn’t be more helpful. A really nice hotel with loads of simple considerations to help with the stay, mindful we didn’t have our luggage. Special mention to the duty manager Geatano who was most cordial, professional and welcoming. Made mention to him of how well the staff had coped, as there were quite a few stressed passengers from the disruptions. They were thoughtful and patient with everyone, particularly in the bar and restaurant. Geatano wanted me to praise them rather than him, a great example of a true leader; but sadly I didn’t quite catch their names......it’d been a very long couple of days.
Just a great hotel and even better with great people, many thanks for making our delay so acceptable.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear John D,

I hope you have a nice holiday :)

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Easy walk to the station, good size room, good room service menu and good breakfast, but as someone who had three hours to kill before my train, being able to use the free WiFi and sit in the comfortable bar/lounge/foyer with a socket to charge the laptop and coffee on tap was great. An excellent stop for an overnight work booking.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Jane,

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

First time in this Hotel, before arrival comunication with Manager was excellent regarding parking. Easy access. Parking just behind the hotel use the back door direct to swimming pool. Marta&Maria in the reception have made our stayed very confortable and happy to help at anytime. Close to town, shops and restaurants 5-10 min walk. Highly recommended. I will definitely stay there again.
Many Thanks. To Gaetano Maria and Marta

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Rafael B,

My team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Marie, Marta and Gaetano are over the moon to have your positive feedback, and I am glad you felt welcome.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We regularly stay at this hotel because it's in the ideal place and has facilities perfectly suited to our needs. As usual, the room was very good - clean and spacious enough - and breakfast was very good. Nice to have reserved parking though the price is a little steep. The named spaces do make you feel special. We usually enjoy the pool several times during a stay but this time the water tasted so bad and made our eyes sting so badly that we only went in the once. Please go back to your original treatment scheme or sort out the chemical concentrations!
Overall, still very good and we will be back and will try the pool again but we won't count on it being a highlight.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Chris Bolde

My team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team they were delighted with your comments and I am glad you felt welcome.
Thank you for your feedback about the swimming pool, we have indeed changed the Chlorine supplier, and we will keep on monitoring each day the chemicals level.