See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2018

promised was a staraccommodation. nothing left of it. it was very poor. the hotel was recently partly rebuild but partly in a bad condition. the restaurant wasn't of a starnoveau. many burgers and that kind of stuff. the drinks were in price of a star-niveau.

Room Tip: choose an other hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This was obviously a decent hotel in its day but now it is in ruins. Half of the hotel burnt down over two years ago, they don’t tell you this until the day before your stay. The rooms themselves are extremely dated, like the 70’s. Carpets were old, smelly and dirty. Bathroom was very dated and basic with little flow from the shower. Felt like I was in Bates motel! Very odd place. I didn’t dare trying the food. Needs a massive update! Cannot recommend at all.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Absolute joke of a hotel, arrived on the Friday, no hot water, despite being told it would be fixed within a few hours, left a complaint letter with contact details, no one has contacted me, rung several times, managers not in, ( what a surprise )
We had drove down for a wedding on the Saturday so woke up ready to show and get ready, but again no hot water, so had to drive and check into another hotel, just to have a shower.

And now the calls not being answered at all, terrible.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for work and don’t know why I didn’t check TripAdvisor first, it’s truly as bad as these other reviews state. I’ve given it more than 1 star because the food I ate was not bad and I didn’t leave. First impression was awful: building was derelict and car park looked abandoned.
The lift was not working still, reception toilets were out of order.
Bedroom was bare, dated, dirty & old. TV remote didn’t work & TV only showed a very blurry one channel.
There was no information in the room, including no room service menu. The bed was hard, thin duvet, poorly made - there were spiders in the room. The shower was weak, poor and bathroom was old, broken & dirty. Carpets were stained.
The staff had no idea what they were doing and when I complained they agreed and said the owners didn’t care.
The bar and restaurant was dead, they said all their open rooms were filled? There was a very rude woman a breakfast. The bar staff cooked breakfast & served it, no uniform or chef whites. The staff were cleaning the restaurant whilst I was eating which created dust & dirt.
Overall, this hotel should be shut down, refurbished, staff trained & reopened, probably by a chain. I stay in hotels every week and this was shocking.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel as we drove up we thought it had closed down .outside was a mess rubbish, untidy garden ( if there was one) as we walked in we noticed the hotel had had a big fire .this wasn't at all mentioned on any website .The room was ok .The lift wasn't working and as a disabled person that wasn't great . The staff were very nice .
The only think I can say is .it's ashame the it didn't all burn

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple