“Fabulous!”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Berkshire UK
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My husband, toddler son and I stayed at this hotel for three nights while our central heating was being repaired and our house uninhabitable. The staff were superb, friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble from finding a highchair to extra towels when our little one was sick.
We stayed in a king sized room and it was enormous, the room was extremely clean and the ensuite gleaming. Breakfast was served efficiently and there was a nice choice of items to ensure you felt full. I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Reading. We had concerns about taking our son to a hotel but the staff were just fantastic with him so I would recommend this as an option for families.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bertie3003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
england
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I traveled to Reading for one night and I have booked a double room in the Beech house hotel. The room was spacious, very clean and pleasant. I liked the furniture around. I also liked the powerful shower a lot. The only thing that I would have add was some more tea varieties, especially herbal tea for a relaxing night. Service was excellent and I felt very welcome. The room was very quiet as well. I had breakfast in the morning and I liked that I could choose from many possibilities. For people who do not like the English breakfast there is choice for continental as well. Breakfast room was very cozy, it felt somehow like home. The hotel does not have a restaurant but the pub across the road was excellent with very good service. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Moleculica
Wiltshire
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Believe the reviews. So much better value than nearby hotels. Big room and bathroom, comfy bed, excellent service and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Marina47
Plymouth
Reviewed 30 November 2011

From the moment we entered the hotel to be greeted by a very friendly receptionist to the moment we left the following morning the hotel exceeded all our expectations. Very comfortable warm room on the ground floor, good range of coffee and tea with the added bonus of a free sachet fed machine outside in the foyer. Very good service at breakfast with the food cooked fresh to order in record time (we told her we were in a hurry).
Well done and we will be back

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidPlymouth
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This hotel was very nice, it had everything you need. I chose it on the basis of its rating on trip advisor, so i was expecting great things! It was a nice place to stay, but i wouldnt rave about it quite as much as some people have.Bathroom had a slight damp smell, but being windowless i suppose that is to be expected. Staff were helpful and polite. Cooked breakfast is a little small if you have a healthy appetite, only one sausage and no mushrooms!!! Overall though we were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple