See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Where does one begin? With the rude, surly receptionist mind numbingly slow, stepping into the room to find stains all over the carpet, the bed "mattress" like concrete with two thin pillows. The dim inadequate lighting almost too dim to read by. Couldn't get any worse could it? Yep, up in the morning trying to shave in a sink with a plug from "any old plug will do" store that sits nicely on top of the plughole and watches all the water drain away. Nice shower enclosure, but the pole is all rusty and the soap tray is filthy. The loo won't flush properly. After an hour of trying I give up. If they cared enough to hunt me down they've got plenty of dna. Down to breakfast. Large, airy room. The receptionist from last night now in tracky bottoms sweatshirt hair scrunged up takes my order for full English. Plonked down. Bread sausage, one piece of rubbish bacon, congealed beans, dried egg and a hash brown cooked on one side and half raw on the other. This is £65. It's because of places like this that places like Premier Inn, (and no I can never find one at £19.99 either) came to our shores. Left breakfast. Coffee was OK but lukewarm, glass for orange juice was dirty. Great day ahead. Truly, on leaving, it can only get better.

Room Tip: Go to Premier Inn!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Upon our arrival the hotel looked really grotty!! The front looked as though a bomb had gone off over it, all external decor shabby and in need of urgent attention. Scaffolding and building materials everywhere in yard, no safety barriers or cordons. No marked parking spaces, just weed infested grounds. Owner flitting between hotel and adjacent hotel (park international). I witnessed the owner walk into the hotel whilst smoking a cigarette, a blatant disregards to the law (no smoking in business premises). Very arrogant staff on arrival and not helpful. Cannot understand English - didn't even bother checking in as I wouldn't board a dog there!!! Sought accommodation elsewhere as I wanted an inhabitable hotel, not a s@*thole!!! Avoid at all costs. Marked as 1 star as had to select a grade otherwise I would have rated -5

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Everything about this so called hotel just made my skin crawl and the receptionist that was present on arrival was definitely the most ignorant,arrogant staff member of a business I've ever come across in my entire life...The rooms wer grubby and faded,The fried breakfast in the morning was inedible to say the least...the asian cook looked like she didnt see a bar of soap in at least a week...definitely a no no...complete in utter dump!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2017

It looks like a massive revamp going on here, when we arrived we had to check in at the nearby International Parkside Hotel next door. Our room was ok if a bit small. Bed was comfortable. We had to go across to the Parkside the following morning for breakfast . No menus on the tables so it was all guess work, staff were not that good at communicating which made for a very strange atmosphere

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baggy_11
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Nice size room clean and comfortable. Plenty of free parking. Breakfast decent quality and seemed plenty of choice. A good walk out of centre and 1 hour walk to the football. Didn't seem to be much nearby, there is a beefeater pub 200 yards away. Didn't look at evening food so can't comment. Only strange thing I had booked lawn but was allocated a room next door in the park side.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business