1,052 results
All reviews fridge and microwave plates and cutlery budget room self catering reading university plenty of parking town centre free wifi full english family room double room comfy bed stayed here for one night hob gym festival
Reviewed 26 January 2016

Hillingdon Prince was a major disappointment. Better name would be Hillingdon Tramp. The moment of entering through the front door, I realized I had made a bad choice. Dirty carpets and faded decor. I requested a room change within 30 seconds of being shown my room – temperature was tropical with no thermostat and the radiator control was broken. We were given an alternative room in the annex: furniture looked as if it had been recently purchased from a junk yard, paint was peeling, generally shabby, wifi weak. On top of all that, price from Booking.com was £90 so vastly overpriced. Breakfast however was good and earned the one star that I am forced to offer! But I certainly wouldn't put my guests in a hotel like this.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Jeremy T
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed here a few times now and such a nice hotel to stay.. Rooms are very spacious and modern... Staff are great and also very helpful.. Literally can't fault the place.. Will definitely keep coming when in the area... Even got a free gift the second time we stayed.. Perfect

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Nice spacious room. Ideal for contactors working in city centre. Use of a gym is available. Plenty of free parking in hotel grounds. Staff really friendly and helpful. Reasonably priced but a lot cheaper at weekends.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I stayed in Hillingdon Prince Hotel for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Will be definitely choosing this hotel if I have to stay in Reading. The breakfast & customer services were good. Got a chance to make use of Gym as well.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I have actually stayed here twice. The first time was a complete disaster (but please read to the end) - we checked in quite late at night (there is a 24 hour check in service so this shouldn't have been a problem). We walked into the room and immediately left as we thought someone was in the bed - it transpired that the room had been completely missed by the cleaners and literally nothing had been done since the previous guests left. So at 1am we had to strip the bed and replace the bedding ourselves as there was only a security guard working, no house keeping staff. When we got up the next morning we went without a shower as the bathroom was not clean. HOWEVER when we complained to the manager the following day we had a very prompt and apologetic reply, a full refund and a free upgrade should we wish to stay again. As i regularly visit Reading i thought i'd give it a go as this was not a general lack of cleanliness, this was a room missed on this occasion. Upon check in i was indeed upgraded for free and the staff on the check in desk even mentioned the issues from the previous visit and wished us an improved stay on this second occasion. Needless to say, i had no problems on this second occasion and would stay again as it is so conveniently located and compared to hotels in the town centre its good value for money. I considered this a satisfactory compensation for the first visit and therefore give the hotel this fair review. This hotel is ideally located if you are visiting relatives at the university.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fionaandcez
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

THANK YOU for your review, I am glad to hear we got it right for you. Please note for future stays club rooms are brand new and cost just £10 on top of a standard room price. Please take care not to book budget rooms unless you do not mind a room that has not been refurbished yet. Budget rooms are ideal for those on a budget but please read the notes when booking.
I hope you come and stay with use again and don't forget to use the PCLUB voucher code on our website.
Kind regards