All reviews the holiday inn legoland package family room lego land swimming pool changing rooms trouser press restaurant staff sofa bed leisure facilities the ground floor plenty of parking breakfast staff health club business trip comfortable stay stayed one night
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Im a platinum member of the IHG hotel group as I use the Holiday Inn weekly. However the stay here was less then preferable. My room felt like it was made if cardboard as the movements of the person in the room above was load enough to keep me awake and my room was shaking with each footstep. The restaurant was very nice but the same couldn't be said for the food. I was still chewing my steak on the second day. I also had to eat there on the second night so booked a table for 7:15. At 7:00 they decided to close the restaurant for an hour (no explanation). Eventually got to sit down and had dinner at 8:40. Thought I would choose something they couldn't get wrong. Still not good and only could eat half of it. Next morning on checkout I expressed my disapproval and was told the manager would come and see me before I left (still waiting) 3 days since. Needless to say I will be looking for alternative accomadation on my next visit to Reading.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Gary H,

Thank you for your review.

I was very sorry to read your comments, and would like to offer my sincere apologies for your experiences. I can assure you that I am investigating these matters with the team.

I would be grateful if you could send your full name and contact details to admin@hireadingsouth.com so that we can discuss these matters with you further.

Thank you, and we do hope to speak with you soon.

Kind Regards,

Lara Beechey
Cluster General Manager

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on a recent visit to Reading and were very comfortable.

We had a standard room which was spacious with a sofa and good sized bathroom. There was a large TV and good lighting. Air con is available (although we didn't need it) and an electric radiator for instant heat. The bed was a bit small for us (we are used to a super-king) but it was very comfortable, and everywhere was very clean and tidy. Although the hotel is near a busy road, the rooms were very quiet and we slept well.

We had breakfast in the restaurant, there was plenty of choice and reasonable quality. Finally, all the staff that we came into contact with were very friendly and seemed happy in their work.

Thankyou Holiday Inn!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Once we had parked(very tight spaces)we found the staff very helpful,and the rooms very clean and modern.We ate in restaurant and had the Indian menu which was excellent.rooms quite quiet compared to some we have stayed at.If I were to be picky some usb power points would be helpful.Found broadband very slow ,but it was free.Would stay in another holiday inn if this one was anything to go by.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank charlie1WestSussex
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here part of the Legoland package and to be honest probably the friendliest place I’ve stopped with my kids. From checking in to checking out. All the staff had time for me and my family. The room was spotless and very modern, couldn’t fault at all.
The food was really good if you have kids, evening meal was a very good choice for kids.
Pool was a bonus to keep the kids entertained. If I lived closer then I would visit again.
One big mention to a man in a suit at breakfast (Sooly??) He was a star with the kids and chatting to everyone so he gets a star worker from us.
Highly recommended this place and the staff.
About 25 mins drive from Legoland Windsor

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ginnii
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here whilst on a family visit to legoland Windsor. We had booked breakfast with our stay but unfortunately missed breakfast due to being misinformed.
Kim T (supervisor for housekeeping) was excellent, she ran around and arranged breakfast for our little family so we didn't lose out and had the right start to the day very important with little kiddies in tow! The service Kim provided us with was brilliant, we felt she went above and beyond the expected level of customer service. A huge thank u to Kim for her attention and service.

Date of stay: August 2018