2,932 results
All reviews pentahotel reading free movies q park great hotel huge bed air con great shower reception area quiet room modern hotel car park business trip busy road would stay again reading festival central location town centre
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Excellent Value on a Saturday night. Staff very helpful - Member of staff walking past vending machine on 6th floor at 2.30am when our crisps got stuck - he immediately went and fetched keys, retrieved crisps and delivered to our room!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotels Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you for your amazing 5 star review.

I believe you were looked after by Adrian, one of our new night Guest Service Agents. It is great to read that Adrian looked after you so well, I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Steve & the penta Team

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I would love to give this a 5 star review but seeing as i didn't have breakfast, there is a major part of the service I haven't tried :) all in all tho the hotel was a really nice place to stay. rooms were large and very clean with everything you could need during your stay. the lobby area was very nice with fantastic decor and lighting. and the staff were more than helpful at any time during the day.

I would like to give a big thank you to Veronica, who was the first face I saw when coming through the door to check in. she had the patience of a saint (i had miss placed my credit card) and was very understanding given my stress levels.

Thank you Penta Hotels for a very pleasant few nights in reading :)

Martyn

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I am so pleased to read that you had a great time, and a great special mention to Weronika who I will be sure to pass this on to, thank you.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is a very stylish and laid back hotel. It's situated in an ideal place for going into the town. Although it doesn't have its own car park there are plenty nearby. The staff are really helpful and we enjoyed the food.
Saturday afternoon huge numbers of us were arriving from across the UK for an event. We wanted a drink from the bar before getting ready for the evening. There were huge queues and only one person serving very slowly. About 50 of us walked to a pub and spent money there instead.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review.

I am really pleased to read that you had an excellent time with us. Sorry you found the bar a little busy. As you right state, we had a big group arrive and did our best to get everyone served as soon as possible.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the kitchen team regarding the food also, this is great to read.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The room was very spacious, extremely comfortable bed and very clean. Lovely large towels. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Nice ambiance at this hotel. Great central location only minutes walk into the town centre. Very competitive price. An all round lovely experience. Would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

What a great 5 star review to receive, thank you.

I am really pleased to read that you had an excellent stay and really enjoyed the look and feel of the hotel, as well as our great central location.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Hotel was very clean and nice in the evening. During the day, however, it was very gloomy and dark. Staff friendly, although they were dressed unprofessionally and one in particular smelled rather unpleasant. Room very good - clean and excellent bed,bed linen ,nice bathroom.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not like the team uniform. We provide all of our team with Diesel jeans and tops as part of our uniform. We feel that this well matches the brand of penta hotels. There is no excuse for poor hygiene and this has already been brought to the attention of the team.

I am pleased to read that you enojoyed the hotel and found your room clean and tidy, with great linen.