“Good food and service. ”
Review of Woodstock Arms

Woodstock Arms
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Woodstock
Price range: USD 5 - USD 64
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Woodstock Arms The Woodstock Arms is situated in the beautiful town of Woodstock. Welcome to The Woodstock Arms in Woodstock. Proudly celebrating Woodstock’s history and culture with local produce. We welcome you to our pub for a drink, some delicious food, as well as a great night’s sleep in one of our gorgeous upstairs bedrooms. We love to celebrate whole hearted British cuisine, with a welcoming space for all guests to just have a good time. Woodstock is home to the World Heritage site of Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and home of the 11th Duke of Marlborough. There is so much to discover in the town of Woodstock, so come and join us at The Woodstock Arms to experience some of Cotswold’s home delights. We have a roaring fire to keep you snug in the winter, and a full open courtyard to enjoy the English summer. Dogs are most welcome in the bar and courtyard, and we have a great selection for kids to keep them happy too, a lovely al fresco out the front to enjoy a drinks and full service in the dining room to give you that complete experience. Take a look at our menu, with daily changing specials reflecting seasonal produce, and ales from local trusted breweries. Our beef is all from Aubrey Allen, not only a family business, but they are the Queen’s butcher! Aubrey Allen provide dry aged beef which is full of texture and flavour. We source the happiest pigs in Britain from Jimmy Butler’s Blythburgh farm in Suffolk, where they spend their days outside in the fresh air and sandy soil. Our delicious seafood is all responsibly sourced from Brixham with minimum miles between the sea and your plate. Just ask our friendly front of house team recommendations or just a good chat, they are all just as excited for our place as you are!
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Have eaten hear twice now and both service and food were good. They have a court yard and are dog friendly.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

At first we had a drink at the bar - I had a house ale - and then we moved to our table. It was the second time for me at the Woodstock Arms and I must say that I enjoy it for its atmosphere and for the quality of the food and of the service that you get. This time I had leek and potato soup with a Flat Iron Sirloin steak to follow, done rare, accompanied by one of the best Béarnaise sauces I ever had, served warm. One should not, but I closed the meal with the "Chocolate Nemesis".. and will do it again the next time.

1  Thank Marinella T
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here Tuesday evening the meal was excellent my husband started with smoked haddock scotch egg followed by skate wing l had the heritage tomato salad and chicken in a cider cream sauce, all dishes were excellent. The service was great made you feel very relaxed. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Try the slow braised pig cheeks if they are on the specials board, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and the haddock scotch eggs!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Impulsively tempted by a Facebook post to check out the Sunday roast at Jacobs @ the Woodstock arms after speaking to a very conscientious Rich on the phone it seemed like only moments later that me and my Dad were being welcomed in in a really friendly but not over the top way, the atmosphere was great and although we were unable to get a table in the restaurant due to the last minute booking the options of tables and seating we were offered in the bar was varied comfortable and very accommodating and like with all Jacobs no matter where you sit there is a feast for the eyes with analog tech, antique furniture, cowhides and really cool vintage lighting which is ironically really warm.
A plentiful selection of real ales with an encouragement to give any of them a little try but Dad was satisfied after trying just one which was the highly recommended Jacobs own real ale, I was equally pleased to receive a crisp pint of Staropramen served in a an ice cold handled glass fresh out of the freezer. By time we had placed our food order the whole place was getting really busy and people were now even struggling to find seats in the bar although there seemed to be a never ending supply of really interesting old school chairs that came seemingly out of nowhere but even after the place was at maximum capacity it didn’t feel too crowded or out of control and all of the staff just seemed to take everything in their stride. Rich continued to be a great host and checked back at regular intervals throughout our stay.
I ordered the sirloin of beef and my Dad went for the pulled leg of Oxford lamb with apricot stuffing the food was so good that I forget to take more pictures the atmosphere was so welcoming that I stayed much longer than I intended to and the desserts were so tempting that Dad ate more than he should of but enjoyed every last bite as did I! Well done guys Absolutely flawless! keep up the good work & we’ll see you next Sunday...

1  Thank The C