All reviewsgin barservice chargeblenheim palaceafternoon teano tea coffee making facilitiesbefore dinnerquirky hotelsuperior roomfine diningsitting roomlamban overnight staylovely roomrestaurant managerattentive staffcream teahuge bed
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Booked the August special offer of cream tea, tasting menu & B+B for our anniversary. Really good value deal. The tea was OK, & the tasting menu delicious and plentiful. Drinks were expensive but we expected that- went for a gin before dinner & the matched wines with the tasting menu. The service was good and the staff all very pleasant, contributing to a relaxing indulgent treat.

Room Tip: Had room in annexe. Fine for one night in summer, would not be so good in winter or if wet.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I took my parents and a friend here as this looked like the best place in the area for a Coeliac.

The food was nice but regrettably, the service was not. Twice during our meal I had to get up to find a member of staff. The first time (I had to walk into the kitchen as this was the only place the dining staff could be found) was to request an item that should have come as standard with an afternoon tea (Cream and Jam) which therefore meant the scones were no longer warm, and the second was to ask for the bill with no apology from either staff member.

As someone who also works in the service industry, I do not believe that this is an acceptable level of service from such a reputable hotel. To top it off, the bill was presented with service charge already added. Given the lack of service, I believe this is unacceptable. I do not begrudge tipping or having service charge added when it is duly earned.

I even emailed the hotel so we could discuss this further but never heard anything back.

Having stayed at the hotel a few years ago I was very disappointed to see how the service had deteriorated so much.

Needless to say we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank SharePointDave
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We stayed at the Feathers in Woodstock on their August offer of Room, cream tea,and tasting menu. On arrival at just after 3pm we were greeted by very pleasent receptionist who showed us to our room, top floor of extension, number 55 with very steep stairs at the top. As it was a hot day the room seemed quite warm but opening bathroom window soon cooled it down. It was a pleasent room, quite dark and could have done with an extra comfy chair as one person always had to sit either on bed or hard chair.
We had an excellent cream tea laid out for us in the bar, and attentive staff.
The five course tasting menu was excellent and even though the restaurant was quiet we did not feel rushed. Each course was beautifully presented and delicious. We decided to have the accompanying wine flight which was perfect with each course.
A good nights sleep was follwed by an excellent breakfact, the traditional English was very good.
All in all a lovely place to stay while visiting this area and we will go again sometime.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2015

A lovely hotel in the heart of a beautiful Cotswold small village. Spacious room, absolutely spotless, lovely period furniture. Staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant taster menu to die for - REALLY special - do have the matching wines as it compliments perfectly. Will happily stay there again

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KTwickers
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

The standard of decor in this hotel is superb. We stayed in room 52 which was well equipped. There is a lovely terrace outside to relax. The wet room has disabled facilities if required. There was a nasty smell in the bathroom and it could have benefitted from some form of air freshener as there is no window for fresh air. Complimentary tea and coffee has to ordered from room service which was fine except for first thing in a morning. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious.
However the big disappointment was the lack of Wifi in the room. This would not have been a problem had I been able to get a phone or internet signal. I told reception who advised me the wifi signal would be rebooted. When this did not work, the receptionist became disinterested and slightly annoyed at my second request. It was dismissed without an apology and not fixed .

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends