All reviews science park football stadium football ground waffle maker vue cinema modern hotel small gym complimentary breakfast sofa bed city centre minute drive budget hotel good size beans business trip walk in shower fresh fruit
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Things right.. convenience to local amenities

Things not right..
*uncomftable bed that squeaked
*awful flat pillows
*constant noise from extractor in bathroom
*no cutlery at breakfast had to ask 3 times for a knife
*dry cold bacon
*powdered cold eggs

Not even asked how our stay was either
Just money taken on check out and told “thats all nothing else to pay”

Poor girl at breakfast struggling on her own to refil items, clear plates, etc etc while 2 other members of Staff sat behind the check in/out desk

Good night ruined

1  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights in January 2018. Checkin staff were rather unapologetic as our first room had to be changed due to the keycard device on the wall being broken and was actually hanging off the wall. Our second room (no 001) was okay, however we had to keep our curtains closed constantly as the corridor ran at a 90 degree angle to our ground floor room window and people could see into our room. The sliding door between the wardrobe and bathroom in the room was very stiff and took all my strength to open and close. I also had an itchy skin reaction to the bed sheets which might have been a result of whatever washing powder they used. Also outside the property was very smelly due to the close proximity of Thames water sewage works. On the upside, the breakfast was great, the overall property was modern and clean so I would recommend this place to others regardless of our mediocre stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my husband. The hotel is modern and contemporary. The staff are very polite, helpful and really friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

Our room (208) was spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom is just the right size. We found the pillows too soft. But that’s the only thing I can moan about.

Breakfast is free and plentiful. No fried eggs though :-( I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. Thank you for a great stay.

1  Thank MrsPJG
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Check in staff weren’t very friendly. When checking out we weren’t even asked how our stay was just informed there was nothing else to pay.
The reception member was helpful directing us to the nearest bus stop and providing us with a map. It was a short walk to the bus stop and a nice journey into oxford.
We found the bed very uncomfortable and uncomfortably close to the bathroom wall! The bathroom was very modern and clean as was the rest of the room. The duvet didn’t feel big enough for the bed and there was a hole in it.
The breakfast was very nice and plenty of it, however it seemed very quiet. There seemed to be a knife shortage but a member of staff fetched some for the kitchen.
The worst bit was that my partner found a nail (toe?finger?) in his Apple danish we complained to one of the staff members who said “sorry, I will tell my manager” this left us both feeling a bit green and not wanting to touch anymore food just in case!
I would stay somewhere different next time visiting oxford.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Nice clean hotel. Excellent front desk staff who are very helpful. Breakfast reasonable, nothing special. Bathroom clean. Right next to Kassam stadium. Convenient if you're there to watch a game. Free car parking as well a bonus!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton