“Booking essential - easy to see why”
Review of Pierre Victoire

Pierre Victoire
Ranked #16 of 725 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: USD 11 - USD 40
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Entertaining our American cousins after a day looking around Oxford, this proved an inspired choice. We all enjoyed everything - ambience, excellent service, food and wine. It was like the very best Bistros I remember in 1960's London (as a student). We felt sorry for those in the queue outside who hadn't booked and were waiting for a table. This will be our place to eat when next in Oxford - in the Spring.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was great but staff were so rushed and busy.wasnt at all relaxing. Makes you on edge and not so enjoyable

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely love this gorgeous candlelit restaurant, small French John serving amazing dishes. Love the fresh flowers on the table and relaxed ambience. It's not all about looks, the food and service go hand in hand.

1  Thank miralaluz
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been coming here for a number of years now, and I have never yet posted a review, until now. It remains to be said that Pierre Victoire is still the most consistently brilliant restaurant in Oxford. For a romantic setting it cannot be bettered, and whenever I have gone there the low lighting, and charged but comfortable atmosphere is easy to get lost in. On my most recent visit my girlfriend and I came for an anniversary on what was her first visit, and it did not disappoint. We had the Crab Parcels and Goats Cheese Souffle for starters with the house champagne, both of which were elegant and delicious. We both had the Fillet Steak with Red Wine Jus, which was simply excellent. I once came to Pierre Victoire shortly after a trip to Paris, and its steak bettered anything I had had there. The wine list could be a little better, particularly for a suitable match to the steak as most of their reds seemed to be light to medium bodied. We opted for the Australian shiraz, which was fine. The service is sprightly and friendly without been overbearing, and the food came very quickly. All in all it is a must-try if you haven’t already!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I LOVE this restaurant. Been coming for the past 6 or 7 years and I am never disappointed. It’s classy and relaxed without being pretentious, the service is wonderful, the atmosphere is always buzzing. The food is INSANELY good. Everything is made from scratch, even the sauces and desserts. Service and food is quick but not rushed. And, the prices are cheaper than most places on the high street. That’s not doing a disservice to Pierre’s; in fact it goes to show that real cooking with real ingredients doesn’t have to cost the moon, and most chain restaurants charge an excessive amount for food of a much lower quality. A 3 course meal, cooked from scratch by talented (actual) chefs for £25? Wow. Absolutely my favourite restaurant. I don’t think I will ever find another restaurant this special and I hope to return again and again for many years to come. These are photos from my dinner last night!

1  Thank Experience816921