“peaky marcos”

Marco's New York Italian Oxford
Ranked #187 of 742 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Marco's Oxford is an all-day dining venue making it the perfect place to enjoy lunch, dinner or simply pop in for a drink or snack. The restaurant is located at Mercure Oxford Eastgate and boast an array of mouthwatering dishes from Italian sharing platters, home-made pizza and pasta to New York favourites such as succulent steaks, burgers and Marco's tasty BBQ ribs and lazy fries.
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Had a lovey Saturday evening started night whit cocktail's. the bartender looked like one of the actors from peaky blinders, he took our order that made us very happy .We had 2 jumbo prawns they where amazing and the mains I had Burger and my partner had Ribs food was amazing from the bar till the restaurant . Service impeccable food 5 * just to much marco"s on the wall rest was amazing .Wee will be back soon .
Thank you marco"s team !

1  Thank jhhon b
ManagerMarcos, Manager at Marco's New York Italian Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear jhhon b,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. It was such a pleasure to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed their evening with us from the bar to the restaurant.

I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

We visited Marco's whilst visiting Oxford University and stumbled upon it by accident and so glad we did.
The service was exemplary and the good sublime. Incredible choice good size portions and divine interiors. They even have a private dining room.
The menu provided an excellent array of choices for every possible taste. This is a must if you are in Oxford.

1  Thank Oliverwine

Dear Oliverwine,

Thank you very much for this great review - I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your meal with us, and the team looked after you very well. I hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2016

We had a dinner there a couple of weeks ago. Really disappointing.
Staff were nice and were trying to be helpful, but obviously had a very little idea on how to wait on tables (example: not providing spoon with a soup dish).
The menu was very basic, but we thought that perhaps it means that the dishes will be excellent in quality. Unfortunately this was not the case - beetroot salad was literally a few thin slices of beetroot with some goats cheese and a couple of pieces of walnut crumbled on top (no dressing, very little taste to justify the high price). My partner's meet balls were ok, but definitely nothing special. Dessert was the biggest disappointment of the evening - chewy and cold doughnuts and warm watery water they called chocolate. Won't be back.

Date of visit: March 2016
3  Thank aleksandralitwin
ManagerMarcos, Manager at Marco's New York Italian Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear aleksandralitwin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your visit - we always appreciate positive and negative feedback. I was very saddened to hear that the quality of the food you received did not meet our normal standards and left you feeling disappointed. For this I can only apologise. The issues you addressed were passed on to our Head Chef.

I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future, and your lasting memory of Marco's will be positive.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 May 2016

My wife and I were treated to a surprise dinner by my daughter last night Sunday 2 May. We did not know where she was taking us and I was delighted when it was Marco's in Oxford.Neither of us had been there before but as I admired MPW as a first class chef I was looking forward to tasting his delights from the menu. We had a sharing platter to start which really was nothing special Nacho's with cheese and pulled pork and buffalo wings ( 3 only ).This lacked seasoning presentation and I consider the portion to be mean. My wife and daughter ordered salmon and tuna respectively whilst I ordered the chicken Milanaise. How disappointed I was to see a deep fried oranged breadcrumbed and overcooked butterflied breast of chicken accompanied by a bland portion of spaghetti in a light brown and bland tomato sauce with halved cherry tomatoes. Not the Milanaise I was taught to make.I ate what I could and did not wish to embarass my daughter by complaining. They enjoyed their meal. I did however say to Ester the waitress that it was dry and some of it burnt which she agreed. We ordered a Chocolate Brownie that had been re heated in the microwave which we were not charged for.I have been a Catering Officer whilst in the Armed Forces having catered for Royalty and other V V I P'S during a 30 year career and worked in the Oxford Colleges and other establishments as a Domestic Bursar and can tell you I was so disappointed to have been served the meal I have just described from a fellow professional who I have the greatest respect for.We were never checked on or asked if we enjoyed our meal. I doubt very much I will return. Sorry Marco.

3  Thank john p
ManagerMarcos, Manager at Marco's New York Italian Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your visit - we always appreciate positive and negative feedback. I am very sorry to read that the food was not up to our normal standard, please accept my apologies. The issues you addressed were passed on to our Head Chef.
Apologies about the Great American, we follow the brand standard and this is how is presented in all our restaurants.
We always try our best to give to all our guest an amazing experience and please accept my deepest apologies about your evening.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Excellent service, delicious food, lovely decor, great menu choices.
We were a group of eleven people having an evening meal the night before a family wedding.
Everyone was very pleased with their meals, all beautifully presented and delicious.
The prices are very resonably too.
A perfect start to a weekend of celebrations.

Date of visit: April 2016

Dear 399jillj,

Thank you very much for this great review- I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us - I hope you will visit us again in the future.
I have passed your compliments to our chefs as well , and they were very pleased.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
Kind regards