“The best selection of Indian Food we've had in a very long time”
Review of Chutney's

Chutney's
Ranked #162 of 713 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: USD 55 - USD 55
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We booked as the restaurant was busy even though it was midweek. We ordered the mixed Dosa to start which came with two tasty sauces. To follow we ordered Kalimirch Lamb, Jalfryzi Chiken, Chana Saag, Khumbi Chawal and a naan bread. We have eaten at a lot of Indian restaurants over the years around the world and I can say that there is only one other restaurant where I enjoyed the food as much as this and that was in Singapore.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a nice meal here. It's not big and its not posh but it's simllye decent quality indian food. Naan breads were very fresh tasting. As were the sheek kebabs which were nice and spicier than im used to in other Indians i go to, which was nice. We would go back again next time we're in oxford.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

As it was the last day of our Oxford visit, my wife and I decided we would like to have Indian food for our dinner. We selected Chutneys Indian Brasserie from the Trip Advisor Indian Restaurant listings and we were pleased we did.

Although we arrived an hour earlier than we had booked the table for, the staff at the restaurant were only to pleased to accommodate us. I ordered my favourite Indian starter dish Sheek Kebab followed by Chicken Madras as my main course. My wife ordered Nariyal Chicken cooked in a coconut sauce. We also ordered Sobzi Bhaji (mixed vegetables) and Sobzi Chawal (basmati rice with vegetables)

We were extremely pleased with our menu selection and felt that the flavour and quality of the food was first class. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good Indian food.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We read some good revues of this indian restaurant, like how long they have been trading and the traditional yet very varied food they make and a lot of vegetarian choices.
( not that we are vegetarian but it is still nice to have the choice). We arrived quite late on a sunday but were met with a warm friendly welcome.
and they did have an extensive menu, we eat out at indian restaurants but there were things on then menu that were new to us.
We ordered a dosa for a starter which was a pancake filled with curried chicken and potato - lovely.
Mains were fab too. It was a lovely meal and when we are next in Oxford we will definitely go there again

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Came across this while walking around and decided to visit in evening. What a gorgeous meal .. chicken shaslick with a cheese naan. The staff were exceedingly pleasant and helpful. The decor was plain but didn't take away from the place. My only surprise was that all the desserts were frozen and pre-packed which seemed a shame considering some of the lovely Indian desserts they could serve fresh. Very reasonably priced and would definitely go back.