All reviews the bus banbury road city centre summer town superior room buffet style boutique style overlooking the garden small hotel breakfast room is biscuits full english frequent bus service plenty of parking would stay again bottled water guest house
Reviewed 5 February 2018

When I turned 65 I told my husband that I am too old to stay in bad hotels. We decided that if the price was right that we would limit the parameters of our hotel searches to 4 stars and up. We're not hotel snobs and we certainly aren't interested in staying at Intercontinentals or Ritz-Carltons. However, when a hotel advertises itself as a 4-star hotel I have certain expectations. I don't know who is handing out the stars in England, but it appears that as long as a room has a coffee maker and a hairdryer it meets the 4-star standard. So I'm thinking: What does that make Claridge's--1000 stars?
The Remont Oxford Hotel claims to be a 4-star hotel, but it is a jumped up guest house at best. It is a short bus ride from the center of Oxford, with the bus stop just a few feet from the hotel's door. The room was basic and comfortable with a large bathroom and plush towels. However, one of the aspects of a 4-star hotel is someone always at the front desk--or at least during the daytime and evening. Except when we checked in, there was never anyone at the desk. Luckily one needed a key card to get in the front door. The breakfast was just adequate--pre-made eggs are never a good sign. Oxford is an expensive city, but with the amount of money we spent on bus tickets, we probably could have stayed a little closer in.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank 2poorkitties
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I stayed here for 1 night, while in the area on business.

The hotel itself, is located on a main road. Great for transport links, however a little noisy. The hotel itself was very clean. Facilities are a little basic. There is no restaurant at the hotel so had to venture out.

The room was clean, if a little basic.

Breakfast was okay.

all in all, it was nice enough, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the back to minimise road noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidChrisT831
Reviewed 5 February 2018

For a B&B this is an excellent place. Check-in and out was fast. They did not even ask for any id!

The rooms are clean and neat with 5 star toilet amenities. Breakfast is very good but opens only at 7.30 am. This can be advanced to 7 am to help guests leaving early.

Staff are really helpful and always willing to help.

I would have given 5 star expect that housekeeping missed to clean my room one day.

Will be back.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Outstandingly clean, efficient, well run, smart with sufficient parking. Affordable Oxford with high standards! Staying in Oxford can be expensive but this is excellent value, right on a main bus route which avoids the outrageous car parking charges in central Oxford. Even a taxi journey from the station is only just more than two single bus fares. Friendly Summertown with several excellent local shops and eateries is only a short walk away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Beautiful rooms and delicious breakfast. I was in an attic bedroom (room 20) which was decorated well very big comfy bed and nice finishing touches like big fluffy towells and was grateful for the complimentary shampoo and conditioner in bathroom. Stayed with work but if I was to visit Oxford again I would stay here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business