“Good lunch”

Queen’s Lane Coffee House
Ranked #12 of 47 Coffee & Tea in Oxford
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Queen's Lane Coffee House is located on the High Street in Oxford. It is reputed to be the oldest continually used coffee house in Europe, opened in 1648. We are open 7 days a week from 7.30am to 8pm. We serve delicious meals, snacks, hot and cold drinks and are licensed to serve alcohol. We also have a wide range of cakes and sweet treats. Our menu includes traditional English dishes such as fish and chips, Pie and Mash and sausages. We also offer visitors lighter meals, panninis, salads and and Mediterranean treats including falafels and kofte. Our menu includes vegetarian and Halal dishes. We will also do our best to help with dietary restrictions.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a very good lunch at this cafe. The sausages my husband had were excellent as was my salad. It was also good value and the staff were helpful and friendly. They certainly deserved the tip we left!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I can't count how many times during our stay we stopped here to have creamed tea. The scones were toasted and delicious. One of our favorite memories from Oxford is having tea here. The coffee was good too!!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

One of the oldest coffee shops in England. While people usually tend towards cream teas and sandwiches there are some true hidden gems in the menu. The turkish food is great. Today we had a chicken brochette which was grilled chicken cubes on a bed of rice with salad, and a mousakka. Highly recommended! Otherwise its a good place to grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the buzz of the High street. Also very child-friendly (though limited options for children on the menu). Also has Halaal options.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Tea and coffee were ok but oh my they toasted the scones for the cream tea. Yes you read that right they toasted the scones which made them revolting. I have never seen this in almost half a century of having cream teams the depth and breadth of the United Kingdom. It is clear that they have no idea how to make a decent cream tea. My partner avoids confrontation so I deferred to his preference and did not make a formal complaint at the time, but I will not be back and am posting my disgust wherever. I would highly suggest that they visit and National Trust property or somewhere like Betty's to learn how to make this most English of dishes.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Claiming to be the oldest coffee house in Europe, the place buzzes with activity and is very popular amongst students from Teddy Hall, Queens and Magdalene college. I spent a leisurely, enjoyable morning over a jumbo breakfast, a substantial offering, exceeding the full English with lots of cheese washed down with orange juice and coffee. The menu offers an array of snacks apart from the breakfast. Pleasant, moderately priced eatery.