USD 250
USD 118
USD 100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 125/night.

USD 253
Official Site
USD 627
USD 534
1,353 results
All reviewsfour pillarsroom restaurantlovely hotelsister hotelsauna and steam roomleisure centreleisure clubsecret escapesspa facilitiesweekend breakdeluxe roomrelaxing staybuffet stylereception arealovely roompark and ridestayed for one night
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Just returned from a two night stay in a superior room which was clean with a nice view of the gardens. We ordered lamb and hake in the River Restaurant on our first night both of which were cooked perfectly. As the menu is a bit limited we ordered lamb again on second night along with a risotto. As the lamb was overcooked it was returned. Very disappointed when it was replaced with another overcooked plate of lamb which was also returned. Waiter returned and informed me that I could have another plate of lamb but it would be cooked exactly like the first two ! Changed to the duck (which was cooked perfectly) however my wife had already finished her main before mine eventually arrived. Very disappointed and regretted not dining in city centre. For the size of the hotel the spa was small and dated.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidJR1999
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear DavidJR1999
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay with us and I am delighted you enjoyed the setting of the hotel and your meal on the first night, however it is disappointing to note your comment in regards to the lamb on the second evening. All of our menu is prepared on the day, which does mean there can be variances day to day - our lamb in particular is sous vide, which means that it is slow cooked as part of the preparation and is all served medium rare - apologies this was not to your taste, however I do understand the Duty Manager was able to able to offer a level of compensation which was appreciated.
Thank you again for your feedback and I will be sure to pass this on to the kitchen team to continue our aim to offer consistently excellent standards to match expectation.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a superior room. The room was modern, clean and spacious. The bed was big and very comfortable. We had dinner in the River Restaurant and were very impressed with the quality and choice of food. They have a set menu, 3 courses for £33 which was good value. The next day we planned to use the spa to relax. Whilst the rest of the hotel has been modernised and updated the spa hasn’t. The changing rooms are tiny, with everyone’s stuff on hooks and hangers. It wasn’t the cleanest spa I’ve ever been to and felt very much like a leisure centre changing room! The pool is tiny and there isn’t any room to sit around the pool and relax, there are loungers but the way they are organised (due to lack of space) means you can’t sit next to anyone and have to face away from them! We lasted about 20 mins and then left.
I would recommend the hotel and stay again but I wouldn’t recommend the spa.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niki544
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Niki544
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to us here at De Vere Oxford Thames and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.
Here at the hotel we do have a leisure centre, which benefits from a swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, alongside a gym and beauty rooms offering treatments - whilst we appreciate this area of the hotel is in need of a refresh many of our guests do enjoy the facility.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We decided to have a Christmas like no other and ended up here. It was a lucky find that was very popular with the locals. It had such a lovely atmosphere and great food. The staff was very friendly and enthusiastic. A gorgeous location with a lovely walk along the Thames into Oxford. Great spot.

Stayed: December 2017

Dear KMGSYD
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to us over Christmas,
I hope we may look forward to seeing you back for festive celebrations this year.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

The hotel was a little gem, a nice change from Oxford city centre hotels. The rooms we were allocated were in the newer wing and really nicely furnished - a change from the bog standard hotel layouts and furnishings. The staff were very friendly, it was our daughter's 21st and they left a box of chocolates in her room - a nice touch

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank nadiaer

Dear nadiaer
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us celebrating your daughters birthday.
I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We booked a two night stay at this hotel. It was an amazing stay. The staff were excellent to whom nothing was much trouble and the standards within the hotel were amazing. We stayed in a Deluxe room (Room 206) ; beautiful views, size and comfort.
We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and a three course meal. The food was lovely, but the evening menu wasn't as comprehensive choice wise as I'd have liked but non the less the food was amazing.
The pool and leisure facilities were great.
The surrounding area is amazing with the gardens right on the Thames.
Overall, a very enjoyable and relaxing stay and we will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: High floor facing the Garden's / River ; Deluxe room (206)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear viren21
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review and I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at the hotel. We are very proud of the team here at De Vere Oxford Thames and I will be sure to pass on your comments so as to continue to motivate them in their hard work.
If there is a preferred room for a return visit, then it is definitely worth noting this when making the reservation directly with the hotel - we can then do everything possible to allocate this room.
I hope we shall be looking to welcoming you back in the near future.