Euro Bar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 158*
  • Pool
USD 367*
USD 355*
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
USD 104*
USD 117*
USD 145*
USD 138*
Official Site
All reviewsjacuzzi tubgeorge sttv receptionbars and restaurantsno liftblenheim palaceproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My room was directly above Oxford's central bus station. There were coaches going in and out until 4-5am (I didn't get to sleep until then on the first night). If you need quiet for sleep then either bring earplugs or steer clear!

The room itself was well appointed and large. The bed was very comfortable, and the room and all the furnishings were clean. The corridors outside the room however were very grubby and smelled of urinal cakes.

The staff were generally friendly, if disinterested. The breakfast was cheap and microwaved.

Room Tip: Inside rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabrielle A
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed with 2 friends for a Saturday night on a leisure trip. We knew beforehand that we're not going to spend much time in the room. And that was just as well.

The Internet pictures show tidy rooms in B&B - the rooms are located above pub, and have already seen better days. Rooms are basic, all street noise can be heard inside windows open or closed. Bathroom was the worst, and I don't think any of us have been showering so quick before.

Since the rooms are located in an old house, the way from the pub to the rooms is a bit of a maze. WIth the room key there is also another access directly from the street, and this is the only entrance once the pub is closed - make sure you have your key with.

I wouldn't recommend Euro Bar. The room rate is way too high compared to what they offer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed one Thursday night on a quick university-related trip. I needed cheap and location. I got both plus more than I expected.

This place is within a few pounds of the cheapest non-hostel lodging in Oxford.

This place is within yards of the bus station.

This place is surprisingly quiet. Well, my interior room on the top floor was. The bottom floor is a bar next to a bus station; I wouldn't count on every room being quiet.

My room was simple but clean. Adjacent loo ditto. TV was rubbish, but WiFi was fast enough for iPlayer.

Staff were courteous and helpful checking me in.

In short: more than I expected for less than I expected. Good value.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Micah S
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Decided to have a night out in Oxford with friends that I hadn't seen for a while. Having lived in and around Oxford for the best part of 4 years, I was slightly surprised when a friend mentioned this particular establishment as I'd never heard of it. As it turns out all the other places were booked up, so it was a case of this or other more expensive places. At £70 a night I was expecting much better. The Premier Inn for example would have been much better.

I was greeted on arrival in a dingy bar by a man who spoke little English and even though this wasn't really an issue confessed he had only been learning English a month since he had arrived, fair enough, but should he really be welcoming guests?

All in all there was no great fault to the place, it was fine, but not value for money. You seemed to be paying for the location, which fair enough is smack in the centre of the city (next to the bus station). But I know for a fact that a taxi back to the Premier Inn from city centre is about £10, so it's not really any cheaper to stay in the city.

If you're used to university life and need something in the centre, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wardms
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The pictures bare no resemblance to the Euro Bar - which was advertised to us as a B&B and is totally not! This place offers very basic, slightly grubby and very noisy pub rooms. The staff were rude, unwelcoming and unhelpful. The halls and stairs were difficult to navigate, a total maze and in very poor condition. I wouldn't recommend the Euro Bar to any traveller, no matter how conveniently located to the train station and definitely would never stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends