USD 185
USD 126
Principal Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 145/night.

USD 213
Official Site
USD 123
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 151/night.

USD 186
HotelsClick
USD 568
USD 552
USD 434
USD 414
1,248 results
All reviewspark and ridehealth clubexecutive roomswimming poolcity centrepear treeservice stationpetrol stationservice areablenheim palacetrouser pressbusiness hotelsteam roomrestaurant staffbicester villagethe busreception staff
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Stayed at the Holiday inn, Peartree Roundabout, Oxford, on the 5th & 6th February 2018.
First impressions as you arrive at reception, excellent. I had been part of a group booking. Having signed in at reception, I was asked to pay a £10.00 deposit, I asked why and was informed there had been a spate of Customers leaving without settling their bill. I showed them an a letter from my employer regards additional charges and they waived the deposit. Be prepared.
The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfy and well presented. The bathroom likewise was clean and in good condition. There was the complimentary soaps and shampoos and towels, which were replenished each day. I had a great nights sleep.
I ate in the hotel restaurant, the food was excellent, there was a good choice on the menu, the food was hot and full of flavour, the restaurant staff were attentive. Only one issue, on the first evening we were not individually asked our room numbers, the whole bill was charged to the one person who had given his number. Thankfully it was later sorted out.
I have stayed at this particular hotel before when visiting Oxford, and would say it is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've stayed in throughout the UK. It is in an ideal location, for visiting Oxford City. Parking is available and is secure. Being on a service area, provides shopping and food alternatives, although these are limited.
The staff were very pleasant, polite and eager to help. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn, Peartree Roundabout, Oxford.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors other than Ground, tend to be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your extensive feedback and your recommendation. I am delighted that your recent and past experiences at the Holiday Inn Oxford rank so highly amongst the other Holiday Inn Hotels you have stayed at. I am aware that you and your colleagues had been asked for a small deposit to potentially cover any small overspend you may have had on your company expense allowances however I am pleased this, as well as the mix up with the dinner charges on the first night, were resolved in good time.
I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome your and your colleagues back again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We planned to travel to the city centre via pear tree park and ride but unfortunately the carpark for park and ride was taken over by travellers . Hotel let us park at the hotel no charge.
Hotel was friendly, clean and comfortable but I think next time we would stay at a place that wasn’t inundated with business people tapping away on their laptops in the bar. Lovely receptionist and superb massage at the spirit spa on site.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Oxford and indeed had a comfortable stay whilst also enjoying our leisure facilities. Our Hotel is as much a leisure as well as a business choice destination and I am sorry you were felt made a little uncomfortable in the lounge during the daytime hours by visitors using our lounge.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I'm a Spire Elite member, being the top-tier of the IHG loyalty card programme. I stayed there several times in late 2017. The hotel management here cares about their profits as opposed to customer service so under-staffs the restaurant and bar. Sadly, this seems commonplace in the UK hospitality industry now. Asked for a glass of wine and water with my meal. Got neither drink and the staff didn't check back. In fairness they were just too busy. However, when the bill arrived, the computer till system had very efficiently charged me for the wine I didn't receive - and after I pointed this out it was refunded. Not impressed with the quality and selection of food at breakfast the next morning, given the premium price I paid for my stay. Caveat emptor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Guest
I am sorry to read that during your stay in late 2017 you were not served your drink during your meal. Our objective is and will always be to provide all our guests with a high level of service at all times and to make an assumption that we under-staff on purpose would be incorrect and not support our objectives in any way. Obviously at this late stage it is hard to check back exactly what may have caused this lapse, however you can safely assume that this was most likely caused by an oversight. I am pleased however that when this lapse was pointed out to my team at the time your account was correctly accordingly. I also trust that apologies were offered to you at the same time.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This Holiday inn experience turned out to be surprising good, trumping the Marriot and Hilton visited last month.

We were blown away by the pool, which was surprisingly large with good change rooms too.
The breakfast was not half bad, esp with made to order omlettes.

Family Rooms are not large but the sleep quality of sofa bed is decent enough.

For value of money, this is excellent, esp with Park and Ride 5 mins away.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HimanshuRaj
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great feedback. At Holiday Inn we are always proud in providing our guests with a high level of service and comfort. It is obviously lovely to know that out of the 3 brands you recently stayed at your Holiday Inn experience was your most enjoyable and memorable!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights bed and breakfast with my Wife whilst she was on a training course in the area.
The hotel is spotless and the staff can’t do enough for you. The excellent housekeeping service left our room looking like it had been deep cleaned every day!
I used the gym on both days, it’s well equipped and wasn’t too busy either. Personal Trainers operate out of the gym if that’s something you would use. I didn’t use the pool but again it is spotlessly clean and of a decent size. Everyone is so friendly. The rooms are warm and come equipped with a fridge, iron, ironing board, trouser press, kettle and hairdryer. The TVs are quite big for a standard hotel room and offer a multitude of channels.
Car parking is free and across the road is a Park and Ride taking you directly into Oxford for just a few pounds. This was very easy to use there and back.
There is a petrol station, a Starbucks, KFC and a small Waitrose within walking distance of the hotel which is convenient but the hotel does offer dinner and room service. I enjoyed breakfast - there was plenty to choose from, with alternatives available to order from the menu. The ONLY fault I found was that they use powdered scrambled egg!!! Why?? I have no idea - it was vile! (The poached eggs were amazing!)

Everything else was perfect though, so it’s a thumbs up from us, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Em5ley
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and awarding us with a 5* rating for your experience. We take great pride in providing our guests with a high level of service and memorable experiences and from you feedback there were a number of these. Thank you!
In regards to the hotel using pasturised eggs this is pretty much a normal practise within our industry when eggs are prepared as part of a buffet offering. The reason for this is to remove the risk of food contamination.