1,300 results
All reviews quod restaurant high street car park radcliffe camera modern art magpie university church perfect location lovely hotel bodleian library separate shower dreaming spires sister hotel boutique hotel reception staff fresh milk old parsonage
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for four nights in June for an event at the University, and it was a delightful visit in all respects. The hotel is situated in the historic heart of Oxford, within walking distance of everything. It is a renovated historic property right on the High Street, with everything done in a first class manner.
The service is wonderful, with a staff of eager, polite, attractive and professional young people drawn from all over Europe. They couldn't have tried harder nor been more successful in seeing that we were well cared for, both in the hotel and in the terrific restaurant Quod.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RHSII
Reviewed 24 June 2015

All hotels in Oxford are luxury (or are priced as such), the Old Bank is no exception. The place is great though, and the location is phenomenal. It is right next to the examination school and across the University Church Tower - where you can go up and see the entire Oxford from above....truly stunning, please do it! In any event, the hotel itself is good, but if it was not located in Oxford I would have a hard time coping with the prices. They serve nice tea downstaris as well, so be sure to check it out. Oh and the food truck is right near on the same side of the road all night, just in case you get midnight munchies!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Having eaten in their restaurant 'Quod Bar' several times, and thoroughly enjoyed the food, and i must say an excellent choice on the menu, and including a great atmosphere, I booked in for a weekend treat to this hotel.
For a hotel situated in the heart of Oxford, parking was not a problem to rear of hotel, gaining access down beautiful cobbled streets.
Receptionist was very welcoming and accommodating.
Our room was lovely and large and very well designed.
Room was spotless.
The large bed was very comfortable to say the least.
Being a few minutes walk from the centre of Oxford was ideal, and no car was needed for the whole weekend, with shops, restaurants, and attractions all close by.
Needless to say, we ate at the quod bar again, and the food was excellent.
Staff are very frienly, and will go out of their way to help and make your stay enjoyable.
Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonnyjumpingjack
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Great central location, very helpful and attentive staff and fabulous hotel bar and restaurant. Would definitely say this should be your top pick when looking for a hotel stay in Oxford. They even have bike rentals on site!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2015

The hotel is an ideal location in the centre of Oxford. We parked with no problem in the car park. Reception was fast and efficient. Offered complimentary newspaper. We were shown to our room on the third floor overlooking the road - good view of the "dreaming spires". WIndows double glazed - I'm a light sleeper and noticed little noise. Everything was clean and tidy. Nice decor. Probably not loads of space for clothes but I didn't unpack as we were only there for 2 nights. The website had little info about what facilities are in the rooms.
A nice room, largish bed (not sure what size - bigger than standard double probably queen?) there is a hairdryer, good toiletries, room safe, mini-bar with (expensive) nibbles and bath robes provided. Fresh milk available on request. (No long life milk in the room ) to go with tea/ coffee/ hot choc sachets. Lovely bathroom, although as in many hotels, bath a bit on the small side. I'm not large (average both ways up and sideways) but only just felt comfortable. There is about a foot long marble slab at each end, so plenty of room to have a longer bath. I suppose it saves water? There is a separate shower. The only thing lacking for me is not having a shower attachment with the bath because i like to wash my hair in the bath. In this hotel I had to have a separate shower to get my hair wet and then sit soaking my feet in the bath with wet hair. Not my ideal! Breakfast was included in our rate. Breakfast is taken in the Quod Brasserie and there was plenty of room. It is served until 11 a.m. so allows a long leisurely one if desired. I concur with many other reviewers on here - the buffet breakfast was a bit disappointing - not a lot of choice - rather "continental" with it's cold meat / cheese and pastries and fresh fruit. Muesli the only cereal. Not very British! Only orange or grapefruit juice (fine for me as I only like OJ and it was nice freshly squeezed) and only the choice of strawberry jam or marmalade (I prefer raspberry on my croissants). The cooked to order food was good though and service reasonable, if a little pricey.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple