“Incredible burger, slow staff ”
Review of Dirty Bones Oxford

Dirty Bones Oxford
Reserve with OpenTable
Dirty Bones Oxford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 729 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: USD 13 - USD 52
Description: Dirty Bones is all about serving best-in-class NYC-inspired comfort food and cocktails to a carefully curated playlist of old-school hip hop, funk and soul. Their New York roots are at the heart of everything they create, especially when it comes to their vibrant team, laid-back atmosphere and retro-inspired designs. Open for lunch (check out our £10 Lunch List Monday to Friday with a £5 drink bolt-on), dinner and drinks seven days a week, our Dirty DJs spin party gems and straight-up-old-school every Friday and Saturday from 9pm 'til late. For your recovery, our cure-all Bottomless Brunch Cocktails and dishes run every weekend from 11am. Cocktail Hour runs at Dirty Bones Oxford Monday to Friday, 3-7pm - think signature cocktails for £5.
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Had been planning on visiting here for a long time and it was definitely worth the wait.

Amazing Mac daddy burger. Mac and cheese so creamy. Burger could have been a bit more medium rather than well done but was still delicious.

Fried chicken cooked to moist and crispy perfection.

Truffle fries pretty good. Exactly what they say they are. Although I think I’d go for regular next time as I do find truffle a bit too much after awhile.

Need to go back for the fried chicken and waffles and the Mac and cheese balls.

Service was as I was told. Slow. Had to ask to have our order taken and had to ask to pay after waiting with the bill for 20 minutes. It was 5pm and not even busy. However once our order was taken our food came very very quickly which is the most important aspect.

Will deffo return but waitress’s and waiters could be more attentive.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Have wanted to go here with the wife for a while , thankfully we had pre booked when we get to the restaurant there was a 45 minute wait for a table.

We were greeted and the first impression was very professional and friendly staff. Are table was at the back and afforded a view of the entire restaurant, which looks amazing.

The staff were super quick and within 10 minutes of arriving they had taken our orders and delivered our drinks.

Food service was so fast, I had buttermilk chicken thighs and they were so large the 3 portions I left almost half of one. The wife had the mac bites which were the best starters ever full stop period!!

We had such a great meal we are coming back on the 29th with Friends, this place is fantastic.

Thanks DB Oxford for a memorably night.

2  Thank Sunnyslackers
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I can not emphasise enough how vile this restaurant is. On our visit a few months ago we were horrified with what we saw. Sitting with a clear view of the kitchen we watched sweaty unhygienic kitchen staff eat off the plates that then got sent out to tables. I checked the hygiene rating as we were sitting there and discovered it was a 2 (now gone up to a 4) I was tempted to walk out after that. The table was extremely cramped and the service was awful. When our food arrived the burgers smelt of gone off meat, were grey in colour and tasted disgusting as if they had been frozen and gone off for months. When complaining to the waiter his excuse was that the cheese smelt quite strong, how ridiculous. Everything about the meal was disgusting and we will not be returning ever. Very very disappointed, don’t waste your time or money.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely time at Dirty Bones, having bottomless brunch with my friend. Cocktails and service were great - the only thing that could've been better was my chicken though I did still enjoy it - will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Took my boyfriend to dirty bones for his birthday and had a great evening. Staff very friendly and so much food. Great menu and reasonably priced, can't wait to visit again

1  Thank Sadie223