“Good seafood”
Review of Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish
Ranked #32 of 726 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This place has excellent seafood. I was there on February 13th 2018.
I and my dining companion got there early. We hadn't booked, but still got a table.
They have a different "special' for each evening of the week; on Tuesdays it is a Mediterranean seafood stew. My companion had that and rated it the tastiest meal of the week for them. I had an oriental crispy duck salad, followed by the Classic Fish and Chips, which was excellent. The batter was just enough and cooked to just the right level: not too hard and crispy, but not too soft either.
By the time we got to dessert, the restaurant had filled up, and service slowed somewhat as a result. Nevertheless, this was a very pleasant dining experience.
I recommend to get there early and just enjoy it.

1  Thank thurlochdrmro

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Booked for an evening meal. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Restaurant was nicely decorated and busy which is always a good sign. Went for the hot seafood platter which was delicious. Throughly enjoyed our evening. Would recommend.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I was going to give Cuttlefish 4 stars as the service was a little slow but that would have been churlish as the food was superb and the service really friendly and it was a busy Saturday night.
All the dishes were great especially the mussels with the starter almost a meal in itself. A smary restaurnt with a decent atmosphere and we will be back.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We happened to be in the area and felt like some seafood! It was easy to book and the staff were welcoming with the reservations over the phone and upon arrival. (N.b the parking wasn’t easy in the area so plan your journey if you’re driving in)

We had beautiful Camembert starter with toasted bread. Yummy!
We then had a mixed fish grill to share but it was average- nothing stood out in terms of flavour. It can only be described as OK.

The male staff members and waiters were all friendly and helpful. Very informative when recommending from the menus

3/5

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We always hunt for a good seafood restaurant and we were delighted to find this place. Service is really brilliant, very attentive and polite. My partner had surf and turf half lobster which was stunning. My only gripes are that my mussel starters seemed under seasoned with not much sauce, and my squid ink spaghetti main was quite spicy I couldn’t taste much else.

We really enjoyed our evening in here and would revisit!