“Beyond my expectation !”

Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Entering hotel premises with group of 66 in a very late afternoon of course made you worry especially with a long path to reach the hotel. Its a great hotel, with a good team of hotel reception. Very good breakfast, clean room. The best stay we have in , unfortunately only one night. Thank you : )

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregorius S
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments, we recognise that it is more unusual to have the majority of positive comments on review sites, so thank you for taking the time, all of my team were delighted with your feedback.

We all hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

It was a lovely hotel in an interesting setting. As we drove into the park I thought it would be terrible traffic noise but because of the extensive grounds you couldn't hear the traffic AT ALL!
I have one major complaint, though. When it came to use the shower on the first day it was dangerously hot and wouldn't heat up. We told the (very helpful) staff and as soon as we were back the shower was fine.
It was a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, they have been shared with the team, who I can confirm were delighted to have yet another happy customer.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Partner and I stayed here 2 nights. We were upgraded (partner has ICH group gold card) to a lovely room with HUGE bed. The bed was so comfy I could even sleep on my back (which I never do.) Shower was superb.

Loved the furnishings - but not to everyone's taste I would imagine.

We both had a treatment in the spa next door which was amazing - lovely ladies and fantastic treatment.

We didn't eat there so cannot comment on food.

All the reception staff were very friendly and efficient.

No gripes at all :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaireWFW
Reviewed 5 September 2011

In my view it is a modern hotel, it was sumptuously furnished, the room was small but well done very functional, the bed delicious, love the White bedding..very brave, very clean though I wish I could have opened the window to breathe that lovely Cotswold air, the staff were good, the grounds beautiful, the let down...breakfast, for £15 each I expected local fayre, good organic produce labelled and promoted to give something back to the area the toast was the worst I have ever tasted when it could have been lovely freshly baked bread...shame, in all I feel the hotel would suit Crystal Carrington with it's big purple and red decor and tower block like structure when I was looking for a more homely visit that would Appeal more to Ma Larkin but very nice none the less

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkleton

Thank you taking the time to provide your comments, the team were delighted to read them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I booked a room near the central lift - when I arrived the room was very far away from the central lift. There was a service lift nearby but it did not take one to anywhere where one would want to go. The reason given for the room being so far from the central lift was that the hotel was full!! The room lacked lighting - one cannot even read a newspaper - and a second mug. A note to the maid about lack of second mug had no effect. In the Brassey restaurant I found the breakfast scrambled egg best avoided and the bacon very fatty. At dinner I complained that the wine was so cold I could not smell the bouquet. The reason given was that the wine supplier insists on the wine being served that cold. Perhaps my having a heavy cold did not help with smelling the bouquet. However I suggest visitors to the hotel insist on the wine being poured at the table rather than the glass being placed on the table with the wine already poured.
I found the swimming pool (in the golf clubhouse) well worth the excursion through the old hotel.
Heythrop Park is a beautiful part of Oxfordshire. The old hotel was a Jesuit training college and still retains some religious windows and monuments. However the Crowne Plaza does not appear to value the history, and there is very little mention that a building formerly on the site (and burnt down) was designed by the great architect Thomas Archer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
36.7 km away
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common

Been to Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford? Share your experiences!