1,687 results
All reviews spa break q hotels business park lawrence restaurant spa facilities separate shower upgraded to a suite sauna and steam room park and ride restaurant staff trouser press bar area following morning modern hotel walk in shower buffet style a lovely stay
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The hotel is in a business park outside of Nottingham. I attended a conference and enjoyed the fantastic spa, the friendly team and the overall hospitality.
In order to get an excellent rank they need to improve the overall breakfast experience that does not fit a hotel of this level. Other than that - excellent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dror D
Ian C, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your fantastic review. I'm delighted to hear you were looked after so well by the team throughout your conference and overall stay. I will of course pick up your comments in regards to breakfast with our head chef to ensure our offer is consistent with the high levels throughout the hotel.

Ian

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I went for spa day today at The Belfy Hotel, spa was alright, lunch was included in the package I was told the restaurant would open at 12.30pm.

I arrived at the restaurant at 12.50pm, there was a conference taking place at the hotel and the restaurant was very busy. I was finally seated only to discover the food.

Where do I start, sticky rice, thai chicken curry and one vegetarian dish - all tasteless and quite frankly CHEAP. Onion bhajis and pakora's were on the menu but I was told they had ran out of them and instead spring rolls were given. Bearing in mind the restaurant only opened at 12.30pm this in itself is not good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Pammie274

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm very disappointed to hear of your experience in the restaurant at lunch time and I'm really sorry that the lunch wasn't up to expectation. I will of course investigate with our restaurant manager and head chef to ensure our offer is of a consistently high standard throughout the service for all of our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed with two girlfriends at this hotel on a spa break and had a wonderful stay. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The inclusive dinner was excellent and the spa staff were very helpful. Would highly recommend after a really relaxing weekend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank whkate

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed such an excellent stay and thank you for recommending us. Thanks also for your great comments about the team, I'm so glad that you found them so helpful and accommodating.

We hope we can welcome you back to Nottingham Belfry soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Have just returned from a two night spa break with friends. The break is a good deal as you get two nights with breakfast and a lunch plus evening meal as well as two treatments and use of the spa facilities and gym.
The hotel is an attractive one and the rooms clean and functional. The hotel is clearly used regularly for corporate and business meetings and that is the feel that it has. It's not a friendly welcoming hotel but rather a functional one.
The staff vary hugely with their attitude. The staff in the spa were very friendly and helpful and the treatments enjoyable and relaxing. However the staff in the restaurant need some custoner training. We booked our meal for half 7 and finally left the restaurant at well after 10. The service between courses was far to slow. We had to ask for the dessert menu as the staff were busy laying the tables for breakfast and ignoring us. When we commented on the service to the restaurant staff we just got an abrupt sorry. When we were at the spa one of our party told the manageress about our experience she immediately went to the hotel management and got our bill removed and 4 glasses of prosecco. We weren't expecting anything but a suitable apology would have been nice. Two of us have worked in the restaurant business and we're not impressed. We were not asked by the staff at breakfast if we wanted anything from the kitchen eg poached eggs on either morning.
An enjoyable stay but I think I would hesitate to stay again as I didn't feel welcomed and valued as a guest.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoDandolo

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay and found the deal good value. I do apologise in regards to the service received in the restaurant. I will share your feedback with the team and ensure we use it to ensure the consistency of our high service levels throughout the hotel. I'm really glad that you found our spa team team so friendly and helpful, it will be a pleasure to share your feedback with them.

Best regasrds,

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My Fiancé booked us in for a short spa break, Sat-Sun. Had a great overnight stay, booked in a superior room which was a large spacious room. The deal was bed, breakfast, a buffet lunch and evening meal, along with X 2 30 min treatments or X1 60 min treatment.
Couldn't fault the room, food was great fabulous waiting on staff so friendly. Facilities included swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and gym. The only downside was as it was the weekend so very busy, the pool is only 12.5m so not very big and only 4 beds to relax on!!
We both had the 60 min back and leg massage which was fantastic ( thank you Melissa you were great ).
All in all a great little package.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miggins90
Ian C, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear guest,

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a great stay at Nottingham Belfry, thank you so much for your 5 star review. It will be a real pleasure to feed your kind comments back to the team. We are restricted with the amount of loungers we can make available around the pool unfortunately to ensure suitable access and compliance with health & safety regulations. We are however exploring some more space efficient solutions in this respect so we can further improve our spa offer.

Thanks again for your fantastic review, we do hope to welcome you back again soon.