1,687 results
All reviews spa break q hotels business park lawrence restaurant spa facilities separate shower upgraded to a suite sauna and steam room park and ride restaurant staff trouser press bar area following morning modern hotel walk in shower buffet style a lovely stay
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Hopefully you'll see the photos enclosed as pictures say a thousand words. We were in a 'VIQ' room on -1 floor and although the room had a number of positives the thing that struck us straight away was the dirty state of some of the areas of the room. Although the bed was clean there was an ingrained layer of dust over several surfaces including glass shelving, table tops, light fittings & vents. My partner & I run an accommodation business so we're well aware things can get missed when cleaning. To make sure we find any cleaning faux pauxs before the guest checks in we scrutinise each other's cleaning. 'Fresh eyes' I guess would be a term I'd use. This is where I find myself unwilling to blame the cleaning staff who seemed rushed off their feet in what is a busy hotel (+ we stayed at a weekend). For me the blame lies solely with the management. Some of the dirty surfaces clearly hadn’t been cleaned in weeks, maybe months. This leads me to think the cleaning is not checked regularly by the management. Bearing in mind our room was no more than 15 yards from reception front desk this is frankly disgraceful. I saw a couple of the management staff & to be brutally honest neither struck me as ‘hands on’ & I doubt either had done any cleaning themselves in their lives!
The other disappointing thing is that if you’re going to provide the guest with some nice complimentary items like fresh milk & peanuts at least check they’re in date! The milk was out of date 3 days before we arrived thus stinking the room out as soon as it was opened & the complimentary peanuts were out of date in February! just the 3 months before we arrived!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giles S
Hayleigh p, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction regarding the cleanliness of your room. I would like to assure you that the Management team not only regularly check rooms on a daily basis but they also stay over at the hotel regularly so that they too can experience the guest journey and use these stays to make improvements. I am sorry that these checks were overlooked on your room, there is no excuse regarding the milk and housekeeping have carried out a thorough check on all rooms to ensure that this has not happened in any other guest rooms. Having checked all bedroom snacks - these are all dated February 2017.

I hope you enjoyed other aspects of your stay and that you choose to stay in the future at the hotel so that you can see that this was not our usual high standard of cleanliness that we offer.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Visited here with friends for a spa weekend. On arrival, the welcome was great with the staff looking after our luggage so we could enjoy the spa until check in. Our room was spacious, with very comfy beds, an enormous bathroom with both shower and bath (also with shower), seating area and lots of storage. The room also had a fridge, iron and board, trouser press, hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities and the obligatory tv. The room was spotlessly clean, with nothing to fault at all.

The spa facilities were great, use of the pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna all included in the stay. We had two treatments in the spa which were carried out by Emma (who was excellent).

The food was wonderful, a great choice and very attentive waiting staff despite their young ages. They were highly trained and a credit to the hotel. All food was beautifully cooked and nothing was too much trouble. Our deal gave us an allowance of £28 from the evening menu which was ample for three courses each although we only had two. The following day, breakfast was extensive and well cooked. Our 'light' lunch was anything but light and comprised a pasta dish, cottage pie or salmon which vegetables, salad and light desserts.

Our only criticism was that the bar staff were very inexperienced, or incompetent - not sure which. The were unable to tell that the lager barrel required changing and after 4 attempts to pull a pint, abandoned it. We asked for 2 gin slings and were given gin and tonic, and then were asked what was in it - it's not that uncommon. Our second visit we were given gin an tonic again, and also tried to sell a more expensive white wine than the house we had asked for. All in all the bar staff require extensive training, although their manner was very polite at all times.

Our visit to the Belfry was great, we had a thoroughly relaxed time and would definitely visit again. The staff on the whole were a credit to Q Hotels and should be congratulated.

Room Tip: 151 - very large and comfortable
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following on from your Spa weekend where I pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I was sorry to read that you experienced an issue with the bar team - we do have a number of new staff who have just joined us and are still in the early stages of their training.

I look forward to swelcomin gyou back soon

Regards

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Stopped for one night on business and although the hotel is clean and tidy, the restaurant and food is pretty average. Good hotel for conference facilities, which appears to be the main focus. Would not use for family or personal break.
Plenty of parking and easy to find, but not else to say really. Better places in my opinion in the area.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Hayleigh p, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that you had a positive experience overall at the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back wehn you are nexct in the area for business

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Nice service - welcome on arrival. Food in the restaurant was fine for dinner. Breakfast was great. Room was good - comfy bed and good bathroom. Convenient for Nottingham. Relatively good value. Only one very tame hen party. Well stocked bar and the restaurant was full - obviously well regarded.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met with yoru expectations.

I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are next visiting Nottingahm

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Our 3 nights in midweek went very well. The hotel is attractive throughout. Even the car park is nice, it's a big one with drop down gates. On entry, reception is big, modern and spacious and we were given a bright welcome. The rooms are modern and clean with plenty of space. The bathroom has a separate bath and shower. The TV and wifi worked a treat and there was no prompting for things you don't want. It was quiet and comfortable as well.

We booked B&B but the dinner menu was big and varied and so we had 3 dinners as well. You can have the bar menu in the restaurant if you ask. The restaurant menu isn't cheap but the food is presented with a twist, as they say. The fish pie had a mixed veg topping and plenty of mussels. Not that I normally eat mussels but gave them a go. The beefburger was a foot high and the beef strogganoff very tasty. My wife loved the sea bass. Every one of the staff were friendly and good at their jobs both in the evening and morning.

The hotel is easy to reach from the motorway. We got the bus into the city, it's a 10 minute walk to the stop, quite a slow and busy journey though. The centre has much better shops than I expected from the drive in, the castle offers good views and has some great art and history of Nottingham. On the other days we found a lot to do around the city with the best day a drive to Newark Air Museum, then back via Southwell Workhouse and Minster. Enroute we did Retford, a nice little town, and Babworth Church for Mayflower pilgrims, and Cromford Mill, interesting. We had quite a lot more on our list, a lot of them were only open at weekend.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very thorough review of the Nottingham Belfry Hotel where your fantastic feedback was very much appreciated.

As there is so much to do in and around the area I hope we get to welcome you back again so that yaou can explaore a little more of what our county has to offer.

Best wishes