“Varying. ”

Ranked #112 of 1,362 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Turtle Bay is all about capturing the heart & soul of The Caribbean. Caribbean cooking is a patchwork quilt of colours, textures, and flavours; a multi-ethnic tapestry woven from the cuisines of Europe, Africa, and Asia. Mouth-watering hot sauces, spice rubs, fragrant marinades and cool chutneys feature in our food, to fresh hand tossed salads, spice wood jerk grills and exotically spiced one pots, perfect for sharing with friends in true Caribbean Limin’ style.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with a few friends on my hen night. We called ahead and told them the occasion and they said this was fine. We had had a few drinks by the time we arrived however it was not late and we were in no way drunk. My friends had put some confetti on the table and we had some games playing on the table but were quiet and respectful to others eating. One member of staff was particularly rude to us telling us off like children for a small amount of confetti and that we were not able to stick these to ourselves like facial jewellery. Several times this man attempted to be rude to us without any real reason. There were a few of us so spent a good amount which I'm sure could mean they could wipe a little bit of confetti off the table. Other staff were nicer and I have had better experiences on other visits. Food is tasty however portions can be slightly small at times. Overall have enjoyed it before but this left me slightly reluctant to return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I loved the goat curry at Turtle Bay Nottingham. Tasty and generous serving. Great atmosphere and excellent staff. Will definitely revisit.

Turtle_Bay_Notts, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Ana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We're pleased to know that you found Our Curry Goat to be 'tasty and a generous serving'!

We love that you enjoyed the atmosphere as that is one of our mains aims at Turtle Bay. To create that atmosphere where you feel welcome.

On your next visit, try Our Trinidad Curry Chicken: Chicken breast slowly simmered with coconut milk, mango & Caribbean spices. With sweet onion chutney, coconut rice 'n' peas & roti flatbread. DELICIOUS!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This branch was closed until mid-way through snow week in Nottingham. I'd pressed my nose longingly against the glass earlier in the week when I discovered it was closed. I have visited 3 other branches in the UK and been delighted in Manchester, Milton Keynes and Ealing. Not here though. For whatever reason The Trini Chicken Curry was runny, a bit bland (a first for Turtle Bay) and the accompanying rice and peas also a disappointment. Quality is usually dependable across this chain. Maybe it was first night re-opening blues but I won't bother coming back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went to see Michael McIntyre last Sunday and googled places for cocktails afterwards.... walked from the other side of town to get to turtle bay for 10.50pm, the website says 11.30pm close.
We walked in to be told in fact they can’t serve us because they close at 11pm. Disappointed and you need to update your website accordingly.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

2nd visit to this restaurant, good both times. Waitress this time was outstanding, she knew all the beers and all the dishes. I told her that I was in no hurry and she gave me plenty of time. The food was good and exactly how the waitress described it. The restaurant was busy but the food was hot and turned up at the table quickly once ordered.

Hi Stuart,

First of thank you for your review :)
We are pleased that you enjoyed both of you occasions at Turtle Bay in Nottingham!
All our staff are well trained in what we have to offer at Turtle Bay and are great at recommending our delicious food and cocktails to suit your individual pallet.

I recommend trying our West Indian Wraps: toasted wrap with homemade coconut butter, lettuce, onion, carrots, cabbage, herbs and our Jerk Mayo with either Jerk pulled chicken, Shrimp and Mango, Halloumi with peppers and mushroom (V) or curried chickpeas with peppers and mushroom (VE - with Our house made Mango Chutney instead of Jerk Mayo).