“Staff are really Friendly”
Review of Ferry Boat Inn

Ferry Boat Inn
Ranked #634 of 1,374 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So went in for a meal 5/04/18 about 5.30/6pm and of course it was busy it's half term, the sun was out and it is located by the river.

In the restaurant, Steve was wissing around clearing tables, serving food, he was working hard last night to make sure tables were being cleared&relaid & also making sure that customers were being looked after.

Even though the bar was really busy, when I got served Maria & Scott were very polite&friendly even with it being ridiculously busy & they were under a lot of stress.

My only down point was I ordered my steak Medium & it came it out Well done, but it was still a good meal :).

But over all was a good meal, speed of service has improved a lot, friendly, polite and hard working staff all round.

1  Thank Stephh H

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went in today for the first time in a while. The music was blasting, asked them to turn it down & they did & then the next song came on, it went straight back up again. More like a Disco than a Pub. The food is awful & I think everything is Nuked?! I've been coming to this place on & off since I was 18. I'm now 51 & it's gone so far downhill, it's unreal. Fine for a pint whilst sitting outside & that's it. Certainly wouldn't recommend eating in or actually eating there at all. Shame as it's in a lovely area.

1  Thank deaniew67
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Decided to take our two grandchildren for a meal as had heard good reviews about it , perfect for families as it has a lovely indoor free soft play area and a fantastic play area outside , good choice of meals , the only fault I could say is as grandparents we decided on the golden years menu which was absolutely fine and was enough for us to eat but didn’t like that it is served on a plate like a tea plate so had difficulty eating without knocking food off the plate , just because it’s a smaller meal this can be served on a normal sized plate , we know it’s a smaller meal but it’s not necessary to serve on such a small plate

1  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited here today for Sunday lunch and enjoyed it very much. Two Sunday lunches for £12 was amazing value for the amount of food we actually had. Very speedy service and fantastic food. Highly recommend this pub for food and drinks and we will be visiting again. My only slight gripe is that it's a little dark in there which is understandable with it being an old building my mum who has sight problems did struggle slightly to see where she was walking.

1  Thank Kate T
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a Hungry Horse pub,the service is so slow , they don't seem to be able to organize enough staff on duty to serve customers.This is a very busy pub and run by a pub chain yet they still can't organize the service area,some customers just want to buy drinks have to queue in the same line as customers buying meals and just one person on the bar doing the whole job,not only is it unfair on customers but unfair on the staff and a pub chain of this size needs to sort this out.
Children's area is at the back of the pub yet at the time of my visit small children were being allow to walk around the bar area with a parent in tow to keep the child happy, this could be dangerous to other customers with a hand full of drinks
Tables were not cleared and in general not good this was not a busy day and the pub was not full but clearly badley run.Be prepared for a wait, trip over the babies walking round and sit at at dirty table.
Come on Hungry Horse get you act together ,you take the money and not provide a acceptable service .

2  Thank suzzzzzzzzzsss