All reviews country park housing estate hunting lodge wedding reception wedding venue evening buffet four poster bed wedding breakfast bar menu enjoyable stay sat nav stayed here for one night buffet style tea and coffee full english parkland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was at Bestwood Lodge for a business event and was saddened to see that the building is shabby and needs a lot of care and attention.

Many areas of the building need maintenance and proper cleaning. It’s also a shame that some of the work to the building has been done really unsympathetically, one example being the radiators and cladding on the pipes in the chapel room.

Best Western really need to invest some time and money into this building.

Trip type: Travelled on business
GeneralManager17, Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments, following your attendance at one of our many events.

We thank you for taking the time to review, and feed back your views on the function room which you used. We are currently highlighting areas for renovation, re-decoration and improvement, therefore thank you for also contributing this.

Comments like this are very important to us and help develop the hotel to ensure future guests experiences are great!.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yep exactly that. The hotel smells of sewage as soon as you walk in. (not a great start) the first room we were given was quite frankly Terrible. Rubbish on the floor, cracked cups dirty linen. So I went to reception and too be fair they did upgrade our room. But the room was really not a standard I was expecting. Wall paper peeling off the walls. Damp walls and smells. For some reason we had alot.of lady birds in our room. Every door slams every floor board creeks you can hear everyone in the other rooms. I asked for a iron that was black and didn't want to risk on my shirt. The board was broken and didn't even stand. Badly stained too. Really disappointing. We also had breakfast included. And to be honest was a poor standard. Stale chewy food that felt like it been left out.
I spent a bit extra hoping for something a bit nicer but I've honestly had much better stays at travel lodge.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments relating to your most recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear that the first room you checked into, didn't meet your requirements - and these comments have been passed onto our Housekeeping Team for further investigation and correction. I am, however, delighted that our team were able to quickly move your rooms and even upgrade you to ensure your stay was a pleasant one.

I apologise that you was disappointed with your stay, and can understand that an old Victorian hunting lodge in an historic building, may not suit everyone

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here last week and would happily stay again . The staff were really accommodating and helpful . It’s situated in a Country Park with amazing walks and scenery . The hotel is what you’d expect of an old Lodge , panelled walls and very quaint . Beer prices are maybe a little expensive but not too bad . All in all a nice place to stay , rooms are comfy . Point to note is a taxi into Nottingham Town centre is approx £12 .

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with.

I am pleased that your overall experience was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed the country park walks and scenery.

Thank you for choosing Bestwood Lodge for your recent business stay.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I was here as part of a week long conference and it was a good experience. The staff could not have been more helpful, always willing to sort stuff out. My room was excellent, comfortable and clean. The hotel does need some re-decoration as a number of the meetings rooms look a little tired, but it is a great location with the park on your doorstep, and wonderfully quiet. I hope we will return in the future.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GeneralManager17, Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing Bestwood Lodge and for leaving your feedback following your stay.

I am delighted that our team were consistently helpful and willing to assist where required.

I am also pleased that your room was excellent, comfortable and clean and have fed this back to our housekeeping team.

Thank you for your comments about our meeting rooms, we are currently highlighting areas which need alittle re-decoration and therefore will attend to these at the earliest convenience. I am pleased, however that you liked the hotel's location set with the country park on our doorstep and the quiet location.

We would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I am working in Nottingham for a 3 month contract and booked into the Bestwood Lodge hotel. The hotel is a magnificent building with modern and bright bedrooms which are beautifully presented. The room I have been allocated looks newly decorated and the bathrooms are bright white.
The staff are incredibly helpful and make me so welcome. When I first arrived they went out of their way to find a room that would fit my requirements and make me comfortable.
I would highly recommend the hotel for business or leisure travelers as there is access to beautiful gardens as well as the larger Country Park surrounding the hotel.
I have been so impressed I have booked in for the full length of my 3 month business contract.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much that you decided to book again for a 3 month contract.

I am pleased that our team have accommodated your needs and requirements, and have done their best to provide a suitable room.

I have passed on your comments regarding staff to our team, who are delighted with the feedback.

I am happy to hear that you would recommend us for both business & leisure guests, and as you suggest, they would enjoy our beautiful gardens and the extensive country park in which we are located.

We look forward to providing you with excellent service and meeting your requirements over the coming months