All reviews peel hotel albert hall trouser press double glazing christmas party city centre location full english yogurt hairdryer essentials theatre disco cleaners iron gig
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We booked one night stay .. reception staff friendly and helpful ..the room well it was very dated and quite depressing so could do with a revamp the window sill was covered in dead flies and really dirty the bathroom looked the same very old .. the bed was huge and comfy but we wouldn’t stay again ..

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Just back for ya weekend stay at the strathdon hotel, really enjoyed my stay there very freindly staff, makes your stay very welcoming, my room was on the 3rd floor very clean and cosy, only problem was the tempermentel lift kept breaking down but these things happen, I would definitely stay there again when I return to Nottingham

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here once before in 2017 & then this weekend just gone. Both times I was attending an event at the nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel & stayed at the Strathdon as it is cheaper. Externally the Strathdon doesn’t look that great & looks old with its 70’s interior. However inside it looks very nice with the breakfast room & bar being tastefully decorated. The lifts are a bit too small for more than 2 people & one of them was broken. The room I had was okay in size as was the bathroom. The window didn’t have curtains but a black blind that the cord to was broken meaning I had to pull up the blind from the top & if I’d have been any smaller in height I wouldn’t have been able to reach. Lastly the TV turns on with a light switch which took some time to work out & the shower wasn’t that hot at its hottest. The breakfasts were nice & all in all for the price the Hotel was satisfactory 3 out of 5

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Two friends in Nottingham overnight to see a comedian at the Theatre Royal and concert hall. Room 510. Room was £80 for a twin for 1 night. I appreciate that prices are subject to change and availability.

I'll start with the pros:
Central location, friendly helpful staff, tea, coffee and biscuits in the room. Very comfy beds and clean linen. Telly in the room. Breakfast is available at an additional £7.50 per person. I can't judge it because we chose to leave earlier and get on the road back home.
The location is probably the main selling point for this hotel as it's within a 10 min walk to the theatre, cinema and a good selection of bars and restaurants and car parks.
There is a euro car parks on upper parliament street which if you use you get discounted rate, sadly we couldn't tale advantage of this as the car park was totally full when we got there - it was mid afternoon on a Saturday after all. In the end we ended up on Peachy street trinity car park at £15 for 24hrs.

The cons:
There are two lifts, though one was out of order and they are TINY and very old. It says that they fit six but you can only really get 2 people and bags in. We ended up going to every other floor before the 5th... apparently there's a technique and hope there is no one else calling the lift from another floor.
If you are a wheel chair user, please check the access to the hotel and that they have rooms on the ground floor because you could not get a wheelchair in that lift. (I didn't ask if they had another).
Room 510, the flush on the loo does work but again there is a technique, we even had to ring down to reception and get the nice person to come and demonstrate.
We were missing a light bulb in one of our lamps, no biggie and they tried to replace it but needed to purchase more so won't hold that against them.
There's no air con. Not so bad in winter I guess but I can imagine in the summer it being pretty uncomfortable.
It is noisy around the hotel but lets face it, it is a city centre property.

Although I could not fault the service of the staff I have to say that i wouldn't stay here again. Mainly because I'm a hotel snob and for me this hotel was only booked because I was thinking of my companions budget also. This hotel desperately needs a little tlc in the decor department; some new carpets and a lick of paint and a modern, new reception area and a rethink on the lifts (if possible) would make all the difference.
If you are not a snob like me then this place will be right up your street.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2018

This is a very tired worn down hotel that has seen better days and is in need of an overhaul. The rooms are very dated and sad. The hotel seems to be in a very noisy area and the windows offer no help against the cars and passing people.

I was on the fifth floor and both lifts were out of order so I had to use the stairs. One lift was repaired after three days but it was very temperamental.

The up side is the food. Although the food was only served in the bar in the evenings, the food was very good. The lamb shank with redcurrent sauce was super and they do know how to cook a steak.

Room tip: Mine was not like the picture on the website
Trip type: Travelled on business