1,308 results
All reviews city pad privilege room complimentary soft drinks city centre lace market car park nespresso machine fletcher gate bars and restaurants lovely hotel air con street noise motorpoint arena hotel bar one way system great central location multi storey saturday night
Reviewed 12 November 2018

A very pleasant hotel with nice if slightly worn rooms. Good breakfast, friendly staff though the location does mean that it can be very noisy in the evenings. The perils of city centre hotels I guess, though a bit of an annoyance nonetheless.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building and on the top floors to avoid noise from nearby bars and pubs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear EGM68,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the team here friendly throughout your stay.

Indeed, being in such a vibrant cantral location Mercure Nottingham will never be a quiet hotel during a weekend stay. However, we are the most central of all of the hotels within the city with all of Nottingham’s best bars, restaurants and shops only a few steps from our doors.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on this occasion. I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Arrived earlier than planned checked in quite fast by very polite helpful lady on reception
Lift to fourth floor room 405
As I opened the door I was so excited to be seeing a large bedroom but my hopes were quashed it was a lot smaller than the pics really shocked
Furniture was lovely and very up to date
Bathroom was clean loads of towels and loads of hot water
No indication how to use the towel rail
Coffee pod machines
Tea and coffee making facilities but very limited drinks left
Bed was lovely and comfy no problems sleeping
It’s a city hotel so you can’t moan about the noise in streets really but so many do
Breakfast next day was given complimentary due to finding dirty underwear in the trunk after looking for a blanket housekeeper you need to step up on checks big fail

Breakfast well excellent top notch thank you five min down the to shops and Motorpoint arena

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CandyNorthampton,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am sorry to hear you found the room allocatcates to you smaller than expected. As a hotel built in 1822 all rooms come in various shapes and sizes even when comparing two of the same room category.

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the comfort of your room.

However, I am sorry for the failings in our housekeeping department which shall be taken up with the company which managers our housekeeping.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion. I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel. Check in and check out was so quick and easy. Our room catered for our needs and was lavishly decorated. The breakfast was delicious and nothing ran out as the staff were amazing. I would definitely recommend staying here as it is also in the best location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Mandy P,

Thank you so very very much for your wonderful review.

The team and I truly do care and hope that our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and it really is wonderful to read that this was the case with yourself.

I am delighted you found your room to be to your liking and that you were able to enjoy a most delicious breakfast the following morning.

It is also a joy to read your very kind comments about the team here.

We understand ( and are never complacent ) that we may not always get things right. In our continued efforts to try to improve both our product and service it really is a joy to hear we did get it right with your stay.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on this occasion. The team and I very much look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Really lovely, so clean, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast amazing. We stopped in a city pad, we had a few tex saying it was small, but it was good. Super,, 2 Nd stop there. Definitely stay again and recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Jacquie W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear you truly enjoyed your stay with us here at Mercure Nottingham. It really is a joy to read your feedback about the team here which really will provide each of us with encouragement in our continued efforts to provide the best possible and most friendly of service.

Thank you for your comments about breakfast and for having chosen to stay with us here at Mercure Nottingham on this occasion.

The team and I very much hope we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is my first negative review. I'm disappointed in this Hotel as I have stayed here several times before. I have given Mecure Hotels a chance to give an explanation as to what happened but having waited nearly two weeks without a reply I thought I'd share my experience.
My wife and I booked a two night stay (including breakfast) on the day off travel, directly off the Mecure website. We printed off the confirmation and travelled to Nottingham. On arrival at the hotel (Friday at 21.45) we were told by the manager that our room had be allocated to somebody else and they had no further vacancies left for the weekend.
This left my wife and I without accomodation at nearly 10 O'clock on a friday night.
After some time on booking.com and a phone call or two we managed to find accomodation at a higher price and without breakfast at a neighbouring hotel.
I'm unsure (as I have not had an expalnation from Mecure Hotels) how a room can be booked and then subsequently sold to someone else. Not only is that sort of thing ludicrous, but the lack of concern by Mecure Hotels I feel is apalling.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelations L, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

May I firstly apologize for your lack of response. I can confirm I have had no email received at all from yourself and therefore unsure which email address you have sent your email to. I can assure you had an email been sent to myself at the hotel you would have received a reply.

Unfortunately at the exact moment you were making your reservation online our reception team had sold this same room to a guest that had walked into the hotel which was our last available bedroom.

After completing this reservation with this 'walk in guest' and handing them the room keys your online reservation was then received. My reception team immediately tried to contact you by phone. However, the number you provided on your online reservation was an office / home number and not your mobile phone. Due to you travelling we were unable to contact you and speak to you. It is always advisable to provide mobile contact details on reservations so you can be reached. My team also sent an email to inform you of the situation due to not being able to speak to you by phone.

I understand once you arrived at the hotel we explained what had happened, apologized and also offered assistance to help you find accommodation in the city, which you declined.

I totally appreciate the inconvenience and disappointment this will have caused you and sincerely apologize for this. Unfortunately when a hotel has 1 room remaining it can sometimes happen that the room is being sold at the desk at the same time a guest is doing so online. Due to the multiple ways and channels rooms can now be sold this is always a possibility.

Once again, I am extremely sorry for this inconvenience and I also apologize for the lack of reply to your email which I can once again confirm we have not received here at 'hotel level'.

I truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Mercure Nottingham in the future so you can experience us at our usual very best.