“Family Visit”

Ranked #324 of 1,369 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Normally I love this place.. But sadly the level of service and food quality has gone down hill.

Waiting 40 minutes for 2 sharing starters for our table of 6 was were it all started to go wrong.

Then the mains were another 25 min wait, and some of the meals being only just warm.
Just a bit annoying as it wasnt really busy, and we wasnt told of a delay on any of our meals.

I wouldnt return for a while in hope that maybe it gets a little better.

Hi Lucy
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit to the Hutt yesterday. I take all feedback on board and learn from it where we can. Please do give me a call or email 6203@greeneking.co.uk if you would like to discus this any further.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after a walk and had one roast lamb and one roast turkey dinner. The food was nice and the staff were pleasant.
The food itself was fairly cheap but we thought 2.40 for a diet coke and 2.60 for a tea was dear.

Hi
Thank you for your feedback, I am please you enjoyed your meals and service, I will pass on pricing feedback to the powers that be. We do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A week ago I was at the Hutt on a later Saturday lunchtime. As I placed my order for coffee, I was warned that as the food was on a 40 min delay, the bar staff could not promise a prompt delivery of my coffee. However, my coffee arrived within 15 mins., so I was happy enough.

The next day, I dropped in again and was not warned of any delays whilst placing my coffee order. I went off to catch up on my tablet and 30 mins later, I realised my coffee had not arrived. Upon questioning the staff, the blame reason was that the "kitchen had forgotten that order". The coffee arrived at my table a few minutes later, with an embarrassed staff member saying sorry - but no rebate.

From reading the other negative reviews here, it sounds like the processes need reviewing and changing as the kitchen gets overwhelmed quickly on busy days. Either some dining capacity needs to be taken away, or the kitchen operation must be expanded so that capacity is increased and the only waiting time involved is the pure cooking time.

As a constructive idea, there is a Gelato place on Broad Street, Birmingham that has a bespoke order processing system. Once the order is paid for, everyone can see the order in the queue and how long things are taking.

1  Thank Andrew W
Kaytew, General Manager at Hutt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Andrew W
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I will be addressing this immediately with the team (bar and kitchen) there should never be a wait for a coffee, and I promise I will action this issue with the team as a matter of urgency.
Please do make yourself known to me on your next visit - I'm always more than happy to discus both positive and negative feedback.
Drop me an email if you would like to discus this further 6203@greeneking.co.uk

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The meal was very well cooked and presented . Service very good with a nice atmosphere . Staff were very friendly but not intrusive

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer

Hi Kpl304
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we will look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Very very very slow food and drinks service we waited 35 minutes for the starter and the restaurant was only about quarter full !!!!. The food was cold and of poor quality. The last time i used the restaurant over a year ago it was excellent so what has changed??
Could not recommend to anybody what a shame the setting and position of the pub is very good.

Kaytew, General Manager at Hutt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Susanne G
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you felt the service was slow, I am happy to discus this with you in more detail, should you want to, please call me on 01623792325 or email 6203@greeneking.co.uk.