“Great choice!”

Paxtons Fish and Chip restaurant
Ranked #54 of 119 Restaurants in Hexham
Description: Restaurant is also a take away fish and chip shop. Conveniently located in the Market Place of Hexham, Northumberland UK.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The place is really simple, but the food's quality is so good. We ate the typical fish&chips in the room downstairs and everything was ok: people were nice, service good too. Not so expensive. There is also the possibility to take-away, so... No doubt! You should try it!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Visited here before and this time the food was even better. Light crispy batter and delicious chips, bread and butter and a fine pot of tea. This is a really good place to eat and relax while visiting Hexham. Reasonable prices and good variety, clean and with nice handy toilets.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We enjoyed our time at this restaurant. Initially upon walking in you think you'll have to take it to go and sit out side somewhere (normally in Hexham this would be lovely but raining not so much) this is not the case here. There is a seating area downstairs that is small but does the job and quite comfy settings. The food was good quality. Only ordered small which was good as was just what we were looking for. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I normally don't leave reviews and typically complain to myself and let it go.
But after paying £4.40 for a fish that was mostly batter, the skimpiest bit of fish I have ever had.
I'm not sure who prepares the fish but to let this go through to sell to the public must have been a mistake.
Will not be visiting this chip shop ever again.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Lived in Hexham 3 months and had take away chips from here a few times and I think they're amazing. Some of the best chips I've ever had! I told my Mum about them and she told me that come circa 30 years ago she remembers having lovely chips in Hexham and turns out they were from Paxtons!

Only issue is the take away area is very small and always busy whenever I've been so can you can end up waiting outside the door for your order!