See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Having seen decent reviews I chose to stay here for one night. It would seem that the good reviews relate to the bar which I did not visit though it seemed popular. My problem was with the accommodation only. The landlady was very nice, explaining that she and her husband were new tenants and being a tad apologetic about the standard of the facilities for B&Bs. She wasn’t wrong there but I wasn’t after anything flash so went with it. Some serious redecoration is required. I did wonder what I would be charged and was VERY surprised when asked for £60 cash the next morning. This was way out of order, especially when there was NO BREAKFAST provided (only discovered this after I had arrived). No amount of ‘being nice or apologetic’ can justify the cost for such a poor standard of accommodation and until there is considerable improvement then I can only suggest that you look somewhere else for a B&B in Hexham.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Never ever stay here....was not told that the room was very basic until I'd paid my money...bathroom and toilet was down two flights of stars. ..room smelt of damp...nowhere to park the street outside was packed...It wasn't free wifi as advertised....couldn't even get anything to eat as we were told the kitchen had reached capacity and shut...

Reviewed 20 September 2017

In Hexham itself so handy for The Abbey, Gaol, Shops, Pubs, Restaurants and 10 min walk from the Railway Station. Clean bright room, comfy bed ,we slept well (helped by the fine beers from The Tannery pub), but as this pub is on a main road, it was quite noisy in the morning. One draw back (we already knew) no en-suite, so had to queue in the morning for the bathroom. Full English with, none of those fancy coffees, Mmmm Nescafe. Good selection of Real Ales in the bar.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I loved my overnight stay.The room was clean and comfortable and the service received was efficient and courteous. To relax with a pint in the downstairs bar was a bonus and the inclusive breakfast was hot, ample and delicious.

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Peter called, then left a voicemail while we were walking the wall, to explain that due to the Tap & Spile overbooking - not checking their emails or bookings - we would actually not have a room to stay in for the night. This was fairly problematic, as we had travelled from Manchester and obviously needed a place to stay. Fortunately, we had bumped into some actual hoteliers/BnB professionals who had both given us a card and fortunately had a room available, disaster averted. Now, I'm not one to complain, and would not go to such lengths to write this negative review now, if it were not for the fact that though Peter has promised to issue a refund, he has not made good on this promise. Furthermore, though it has now been two weeks, we have not heard from Peter, nor received any kind of refund - have left messages, he does not respond. Pretty awful, really. Avoid.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple