“Delicious!”

Mrs Miggins Tea Room
Ranked #3 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Hexham
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Just had the best homemade soup and sandwich. Such a warm atmosphere with friendly staff. A great menu , something for everyone.Nothing was too much trouble either .

Reviewed 9 March 2017

What a come down!!! We used to frequent Mrs Miggins on a regular basis when my daughter was small. Now a teenager we decided to revisit – a big mistake. The gentleman who ‘greeted’ us seemed irritated and annoyed when we entered. It was an hour before closing time (no opening times visible anywhere); he grunted that there was no food available, just cake and scones. Wished we had just walked out – our drinks were practically thrown at us and we were served with cold, stale, stodgy fruit scones, which were so dry the lukewarm latte was needed to force them down. He then persisted in walking backwards and forwards scowling at the customers – obviously wanted us out. We felt forced to eat up as quickly as possible and leave the establishment. The atmosphere was awful, unwelcoming and hostile. Next time in Hexham it will be Costa or Café Nero – shame, as I would rather support local small business – but not those with staff possessing such an appalling attitude to paying customers.

7  Thank legionelyzium
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here on Valentine's day and the food was scrumptious also amazing value for money. It was the best panini I've ever had.

1  Thank COLH321
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Thought I'd give Mrs Miggins another try as hadn't been in for a few months. I ordered a strong Americano but the coffee was horribly weak & the fruit scone was not up to scratch either. It's a shame as it is a cosy café. However I won't be back as the coffee was so bad. Surely a café should be able to make a decent cup of coffee?

1  Thank Geordielass64
migginshexham, Owner at Mrs Miggins Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. You are absolutely right, we should be able to make a decent cup of coffee! If you could let me know on which day of the week you visited, I will make sure that if someone needs additional training, they will receive it, we don't usually have a problem.
It is always better if a problem is pointed out at the time, then we can rectify it. As for the scone, they are made freshly every morning, so I can only apologise that it was not to your liking.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Visited on Saturday and there were a few customers in but not full, plenty of tables to choose from. The room and the tables were clean enough and the staff were pleasant enough. Coffee was perfect for our taste, and we were given top-ups which was nice but the scones that we had were not to our liking, I had a fruit scone and yes, I did find one piece of currant in it !! Shame, it's not for us.

1  Thank GEORDIETRAVELLER011