“Baby Shower”

Ranked #30 of 617 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 16 - USD 26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Public House, serving fresh food from Noon until 9pm. Sunday until 6pm. Private dining available & large parties our specialty. Private hire rooms available. 180 Seater courtyard with heaters. Booking advised but not essential.
Reviewed 24 May 2016

My sisters baby shower was thrown here. We were shown to a private room at the back and pretty much were left to our own devices. The room was large and there were about 15/20 people eating in all. As with any large party we were required to pre-order. A lot of people had main meals with a few having sandwiches.

I ordered the Trio of Pork as the main which was very nice, I know a few others that had main meals and said that they were also very nice with just the right amount of food.

Unfortunately my gripe is with the Sandwiches. As we pre-ordered I thought they would know the quantaties they would need for a large party - a number of guests were told that the bread they selected was no longer available. One person waited 15 minutes for what I thought was a posh cheese sandwich. She was then left watching everyone else eat there dinner. When the Sandwiches arrived they were not very well presented and for the price you were paying you did not get an awful lot for your money.

Besides Sandwich gate the food was very nice. My only criticism would be that the service was a bit slow once we were sat down. On a couple of occasions we had to go out to the main bar and ask for someone to take our drinks order.

Whilst I understand again that we were a large table - this had been booked in for sometime and they should have planned accordingly.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Roisinmc2

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Came here after a friend recommended it for the great food he's had here before. I had the lamb rump roast with mint foam, and it was amazingly good! So much taste in everything that was on the plate and there was a decent amount of lamb which was seasoned amazingly and had very little fat on! Even the Yorkshire pudding had herbs mixed in with it. My friend had the steak cheeseburger and said that that was really tasty as well! Amazing food for such a decent price. Will definitely recommend to other people.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Amyet21
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

We came here last week for the first time. I always had a misconception from the outside that this pub was shabby. We went inside and it was air conditioned, clean, modern, which surprised me.

The staff were nice, and drinks aren't expensive either. The beer garden is completely paved which was slightly annoying, but it was large, clean, lots of tables.

Having been in Northampton for a few years now, I would say I've become a bit of a foodie.. An absolute Solid 9/10 for the food! The steak burger was amazing, which we shared, and also ordered a 3 plate tapas, garlic mushrooms were absolutely immense and better than I've ever cooked myself, halloumi, and chilli honey glazed sausages, cooked again to perfection.

The only moan was that our bread was slightly burnt, but apart from that it was amazing!! Welllllll worth going, even if just for a pint and the pub garden. I will definitely be returning!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Declan G
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I visited the White Hart only to find there is no vegan option on the menu. Nothing unusual about that as this is often the case and I usually ask the chef for a side salad and vegetables however, when I explained the situation to the man agates she went away to speak with her chef. She returned and went through a number of options on the menu, how they could cook and adjust it to my tastes. I ended up with a fabulous risotto!
She also suggested that I call ahead in the future and they would prepare a vegan three course meal so I didn't feel left out.
So impressed!

Date of visit: May 2016
3  Thank mandy r
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Visited on a quiet Monday night after not going for quite some time. My husband and in had the burgers and they were gorgeous. Really great. Service really made it for us and the waitress was really lovely and helpful. I know its a pub but it would be good to see a small children section on the menu. We ordered a desert, my daughter saw toasted marshmallow and that was it! It was gorgeous too but way too grown up for her and it came with beetroot sorbet which I liked but she did not! Really lovely dessert and enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: April 2016