The Cock at Roade
Ranked #121 of 540 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 11 - USD 24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cock at Roade is in a small country village, but close enough to junction 15 of the M1, for it to be a great place to stop off.This stone public house was built as a farmer in 1720, and was converted into a drinking hole in 1849, today it is a village country pub with Beer garden, outdoor childrens play area, Great food, Good beer, and lots of Cheer.
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Simple order - cooked ham, chips and a poached egg. No finesse required other than nicely cooked egg and decent presentation.

Neither materialised. The egg was broken and strewn over the entire meal and the whole thing looked appalling

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I visit the area on business and love my home comforts....so I'm quite fussy.

But I have to say the food is great here and the steak pie is to die for!

The staff/locals are amazing and very welcoming too.

I highly recommend The Cock at Roade

Andy
West Yorkshire

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Last night we visited The Cock at Roade Northamptonshire we were a bit surprised at the welcome we got which wasn't very good.
We had already reserved a table.
We then asked about the Gourmet Society and they said they were never part of them and yet on the Gourmet Society website it shows quite clearly the cock at Roade.
We were disappointed with our meals and I don't think the staff were that bothered with we were there or not.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

We visited the Cock at Roade as we were staying at the hotel over the road.
To start we had the baked Camembert which was delicious. I had the gammon which was advertised as coming with poached egg,but they were more than happy to change this to a fried egg for me, my fiance chose the steak and ale pie - this was unfortunately unavailable however they gave him two other pie options.
My gammon was a good size and came with plenty of chips as well as peas, the fried egg could have done with just ever so slightly more cooking for my liking.
There was a good choice of drinks available.
Service was excellent.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Try this place for some good food n drinks. Chill around without getting a hole in your pocket.

Enjoy a Dart game, having fun while you dine !

Look for great deals and offers.