“Average”
Review of Hops and Chops

Hops and Chops
Ranked #90 of 579 Restaurants in Northampton
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very very slow service - took 20 mins to take our first drinks order. Then 1 coke came another 5 minutes later and we were asked 'anything else?' to which we looked very confused as we had already ordered 4 drinks.

Bit disappointing on a Monday that they only had the Sunday menu available.
Food took a while to come out, and we were told some ingredients hadn't been delivered so the sauce would be different on the cod.

Lamb Roast was actually very tasty and had a lovely variety of veg, Cod dish was all very bland.

We were served by at least 3 different people, so a bit of consistency with servers would have been nice.

We are going to give it one more to go to see if these problems were isolated to that one day, as the food seemed ok.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I contacted them prior to the visit and asked if they accommodated for gluten free and vegan, they said they did- brilliant! Got there on the day and asked for a menu that had gluten free and vegan and was food they couldn’t accommodate.. really disappointed

3  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I would have rated it 2 stars as I did previously on Facebook,however they have since subsequently hidden my review comments and blocked me from their FB page which I'm afraid has caused me to knock a star off - totally unprofessional. (My review was much more polite than this one also).

Anyway,in a nutshell - the burger was the worst burger I've ever had in a restaurant. It was VERY burnt and I was told this was because of the charcoal used... I had to leave it as it was just not edible.

The waitresses were friendly.. but service was SO incredibly slow. 4 of us were in there for 3 hours (wasnt at a peak time) and our bill was just over £100 per couple. Our starters took forever to come out and the bread with our camberburt was even burnt.

Best thing about it was my salted caramel cookie desert.. that was pretty decent.

Worst thing about it all is that they seem to have hidden my 'bad' review... I know it's a bit risky to go to a restaurant within the first week of opening however surely they'd appreciate the feedback because of this reason and they can take everything onboard so they can have a sustainable business going forward?

Here's hoping this review doesn't get 'hidden'...

3  Thank Travel526068
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

So glad we booked a table as we would have never got a table and we visited on a Monday evening. Food was amazing. My muscles starter could have done with some more bread and would have been nice to be served with a soup spoon to get up the last of the delicious chorizo sauces ! My main was just as good as the starter, my only issue was that my minor dish took a while to arrive and when it finally did it was luke warm , we did mention this to our waitress at the time.
Other than that minor issue it was a lovely evening and am planning on booking my birthday meal here.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on the recent Bank Holiday weekend. It was a last minute decision and I tried the on line booking. I had response within s few minutes confirming the booking for later that same evening. We only had a sirloin steak each which were cooked to perfection. Would definitely return again and explore the menu further.