“Great Sunday lunch!”

The Press Northampton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Press Northampton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 594 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 4 - USD 13
Description: Family owned and run Restaurant Bar. We are a family friendly restaurant and bar with fantastic atmosphere and great customer service. We have a great menu which changes seasonally, we also offer some fantastic Roasts every Sunday from 12. We have everything from kids eat free, NHS Discount, Student Discount, Milkshakes, Skewers, our dedicated Vegan & Vegetarian menu, two for one cocktails, large gin menu, craft beers and enjoy our large wine menu.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for a Sunday roast here 23rd Sept 18. For the money the roast was well worth it. The staff informed us the beef would be cooked medium rare when we ordered. We were impressed with the amount of roast potatoes and vegetables that came out with the meal. The homemade Yorkshire pudding was perfect. We ordered a cauliflower cheese as a side dish and this was very nice. My son ordered the fish and chips (which I tried). The fish was cooked really well with a lovely batter. The skinny chips were cooked really nice – my son loved them! He did not want peas or chips so he had carrots with them and the staff were happy to do this.

For desert we had homemade apple pie, sticky toffee pudding and ice cream for my son – all of these deserts were really nice.

The staff were extremely helpful when needed and friendly. My son was given a colouring paper and crayons which he enjoyed.

A 15% bluecard (NHS) discount was allowed and we got a 20% discount voucher for out next meal.

We will be back for another Sunday roast soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

12 of us came for a family members birthday celebration on a Sunday.
First impressions the pub is very clean and I really liked the decor, it’s obvious a lot of thought and money went into getting it right.
The building is bright and spacious.
The staff were extremely friendly and attentive.
Quite a few of us had Sunday roasts and the rest burgers, there was some really nice options for the vegetarians/vegans in the group.
The Yorkshire was homemade, the beef was cooked medium rare but they made sure to let us know that before and that you could ask for it cooked more.
Everything was really fresh and tasty and plentiful.
Horseradish / mint sauce / extra gravy provided no problem.
I had made a birthday cake and the staff were happy to bring it out with the candles lit and join in singing happy birthday.
For such fresh homemade food I was surprised at how cheap it is.
It’s only £9.95 for a roast and it’s a really generous portion.
Wine was good too.
Shame we don’t live nearer as we would come all the time.
I saw a sign saying live music on Saturdays and I bet it’s a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well presented place. We ordered the Sunday roast, it was promptly delivered and the beef was perfect, truly medium rare, lovely veg and top cauliflower cheese! I also had a superb banana milkshake, presented in a big milk bottle with a cardboard straw. Top draw all round, looking forward to a return visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A few friends and I paid a long awaited visit as heard so much about this place.
It was very quiet, nice decor and environment and there was live music later on into the evening.
3 of us had burgers one had the gammon all reports were good.
I didnt feel the burger was that great in regards of. Meat quality and was left feeling rather queasy afterwards..I couldn't finish all of it and it wasn't very big.
There was loads of cheese and it was quite salty..there was plenty of chips which was good.
OK over all wasn't great nor terrible.
Service was SooOo slow ..took forever to get a cocktail I think the staff were new.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Went here for the first time and was very pleased, definitely will go back.
I am vegan and have a gluten intolerance- the lady that served me was so helpful and didn’t make an issue about this (unique)
The atmosphere was good, inside nicely presented with good decor.
Food was so nice and my friend enjoyed theirs too.
We were left alone when eating - only being asked if the food was ok. Sometimes you go out and are hounded or ignored but they had the right balance.
Highly recommend