“Mediocre food terrible service”
Review of Chilli Village

Chilli Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Chilli Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 596 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 31 - USD 63
Description: Welcome to Chilli Village - home of delightful Medetaranen cuisine. We invite you to experience the perfect escape from everyday life.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on a Wednesday evening, and entered to a pleasant greeting and were seated straight away. The decor was a bit Disney / ghost train ride for my liking but the atmosphere was pleasant enough. We ordered two salads some water and a cocktail, and then started the downhill spiral.
The two salads arrived about ten minutes later, before the drinks which I had been watching the two 'working' front of house staff casually avoid making, they pulled the finger out once the food had arrived it then receded back inside.
My partner had the octopus salad, which she was very happy with, plenty of fresh tasty elements nicely presented. I had the steak salad, not quite so good a choice. This 'Salad' comprised of what seemed like an entire bag of unwashed spinach and rocket, on a plate with two cherry tomatoes at the side, I kid you not three pomegranate seeds, a few bits of cucumber, and a over cooked steak on top, dressed with two drops of balsamic, to mock the bags worth of dirty leaves. So attempt to get the attention of the servers, one is now eating his dinner the other is on his phone, for the next forty minutes neither move to any single guest in the restaurant, some of whom I can hear are as aggravated as myself. So I take the lime from my cocktail and some salt and attempt to dress the muddy fauna served to me in an attempt to make it edible, feeling like I am on a episode of survivor.
When both front of house staff have fed themselves they reluctantly start making their way around the customers collecting plates and handing out bills, feeling hungry I ask to promptly pay so I can get home and make something edible.
Arrogant and lazy service and food preparation.

Date of visit: April 2018
Darren L, Public Relations Manager at Chilli Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

We were short staffed that evening but have since rectified the situation and are currently providing a better service to our customers.
As for staff eating whilst on duty, this is not acceptable and we are looking into the matter.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Received by a member of staff who did not seem very professional. Waited for the food for over an hour. Ended up with a clearly overpriced Octopus, not well cooked, very chewy. My son had a salmon (frozen, not fresh) with a disgusting tasteless rice. I had a chicken with tasteless vegetables... Expected a lot better for the prices on the menu, and you don't even match a cheap snack-bar in the countryside in Portugal. The restaurant has a very good deco, and the facilities look great. Unfortunately the food is not up to it. Your managers need to address it properly. The member of staff that spoke with me later and received my claim was very professional indeed, but was an exception.

Date of visit: April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We very are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We were without management that evening due to circumstances beyond our control. We have rectified the situation and are currently providing a better service to our customers.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Food was a bit of a let down, over done fillet stake, loud music but the place itself amazing. Good for experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Lea J

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We sorry we did not meet your full expectations but glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had steak, paella, lamb all delicious.
Staff are exceptional and the live music was different but if you want a great night out this is the place.
Will be back!'

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank 259bridges

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Good to find somewhere a bit different been twice now , with friends and family . Food is first class and great quality and plenty enough to fill a good appetite . Ambiance good and decor interesting . Staff attentive and helpful and live music to suit all . would recommend

Date of visit: March 2018