“Outstanding”

The Charles Bathurst Inn
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Went for a two night stay in late January. a welcome revisit to the CB in after a 2 year break. As usual the accommodation is comfortable, the food is outstanding, and the welcome is warm. There are some fabulous walks nearby and its in a lovely location.
Look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Newer rooms are numbered 9 and above. Numbers 1 to 8 are in original building.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Charles Bathurst Inn

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I have stayed at the CB around a dozen times - on my own, and with various family members and friends. The rooms are excellent, the food is always superb and the service is friendly and helpful, including taking in to account any special dietary requirements. The bar, where I always choose to eat, feels like a "local", but the rooms feel like a boutique hotel, and I really enjoy that combination. The location is of course very attractive - one of the more remote areas in the Dales, with good walking direct from the inn. Perfect for a relaxing break and I will remain a regular!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We stopped off overnight on our way to Northumberland I can more than recommend eating here. We shared a delicious pickled and smoked fish starter followed by a perfectly cooked piece of cod for me and a confit pheasant dish for my partner. The atmosphere is warm and cosy and the staff pleasant and very helpful. We will most certainly go back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Had to cancel on the day we were due to arrive due to the sudden and unexpected passing of my Father in law that day. Telephoned them, they were very unsympathetic and cold hearted, they then charged me £195 on top of my £75 deposit.
They appeared to have rebooked our room for at least one of the nights.
I telephoned them to question this, again no sympathy and no change of heart.
I then e mailed them two months later about it, I didn't even receive a reply.
I know I agreed to their terms and conditions when I booked but I would have expected some sympathy at least under the circumstances. They only seemed to be concerned about loosing money!! Terry N.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank newmanhome
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We went for a midweek break to beat the winter blues and had a lovely time, the weather was cold but dry and we were able to walk a few miles then return to the warmth of the CB Inn, our room was nicely furnished and decorated, fluffy towels,warm amd cosy. The food was excellent as in previous visits amd the staff were friendly and helpful, it was great.

Room Tip: We like the rooms fa ing up the dale but they are all nice
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
15.8 km away
The Wensleydale Heifer
The Wensleydale Heifer
#1 of 4 in West Witton

Been to The Charles Bathurst Inn? Share your experiences!