“Quick and convenient”
Review of Waterstones Cafe

Waterstones Cafe
Ranked #432 of 1,008 Restaurants in York
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The three of us needed a quick snack in the centre of York. We have loved going to this place before and it proved to be just right yet again. The best thing is that it is so reasonably priced, given its situation right in the centre of York. Passing through the bookshop is also a pleasure: it sort of adds a n extra dimension, reminiscent of similar places that are much more common in Ireland, say. Also very convenient for the picturehouse at City Screen, which is virutally next door.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

My sister took me to Waterstone's cafe to enjoy a "Toasted Mallow", a hot chocolate with marsmallows and cream. It was great. She had every right to say:"I told you so".

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Waterstones is, obviously, a great book store, but the cafe here is a gem! Always friendly service, great food, and wonderful coffees - buy a book, then enjoy immersing yourself in it while enjoying a fabulous coffee... and maybe treat yourself to a lovely cake - or even a bacon sandwich - they are really tasty! Books and coffee... what's not to like? A favourite of mine in York.... they even stock my novel DUST which I love to view on the ground floor. I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming about seeing my own novel in such a fabulous bookshop before I head upstairs to treat myself! Always a delight!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The atmosphere here is very pleasant and comfortable, mainly thanks to the helpfulness of the staff. Though small and rather cramped, especially at the counter, it is worth visiting for the quality of the snacks and drinks - we loved the freshly cooked bacon sandwiches with our coffees and hot chocolate. Each time we have been there it has been popular. The prices are much cheaper than those at most similar places in York. It's also handy for a quick visit to St Martin's Church - just round the corner and a haven of peace - or to the City Screen.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I went in for lunch in a very busy Saturday and staff were so accommodating. I had a scone and it was gorgeous!

Date of visit: December 2017