“Shopping ”

Vangarde Shopping Park
Ranked #54 of 66 Shopping in York
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love the shops at monks cross.and me and my friend who's really poorly and doesn't get out much decided to get out of leeds my mother was end of life .in fact I buried her just over a week ago .we made a day of it we shopped had lunch .a bit more shopping then coffee and cake.we've been several times always enjoyed the day.ive come home tonight 2 weeks later to find a demand for 45 pounds going up to 80 if not paid within 14 days which I'm up to.only just opened the letter..i didn't realise there was a time limit .we were there 5 hours 9 mins..weve spent hundreds of pounds here.how John Lewis. Next.and m and s can support this car parking company ...horizon I don't know.please be warned .Kevin leeds

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
"prezzo"
in 5 reviews
"pub"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

From my point of view this place is o.k. if you like shopping because it's got shops ,its modern bright and well planned out but I do not like shopping and I do not know any man that does and I know quite a few. There didn't appear to be a pub near by where he could get a drink or sit and just wait for his better half.so all in all this is a place for shoppers, and nothing for those who just get dragged there. I will get criticised for this but it's my view and guess the view of quite a few men.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

It's a shame because I used to enjoy Vangarde but being fined £80 for using their car park for less than five minutes because of their parking company manipulating information is ridiculous. There are plenty of other places nearby at Monks Cross and Clifton Moor that I think I'll stick to.

5  Thank DBFH
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Overstayed by 38 mins, £45 fine. Please be aware that the car park is monitored electronically. Find it strange that Marks and Spencer, John Lewis and Next feel that four hours is sufficient time to shop in their stores.

5  Thank Layton E
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a pre-Mother’s day shopping trip and had a great day, wandering all of the shops at leisure, spending a fortune and taking time for lunch and coffee. A great day was ruined by a £45 parking fine (£80 if you don’t pay up in 14 days) for overstaying the 4 hour parking limit!
Whilst the fine may have been legitimate, it smacks of profiteering - how can you experience all that a shopping park has to offer in 4 hours?
I’d suggest that anyone considering a visit carefully time the length of their stay or limit themselves to a speed-shopping experience rather than a leisurely day out. Consider whether that time in the changing room or a quick coffee is worth the cost of parking.
I will not visit again and would not recommend this centre to anyone wanting anything other than a quick browse.

3  Thank MJM71