Review Highlights
Enjoyable place

We came here as we were in the area visiting a friend great place for shopping all sorts of shops... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sue W
Bolton, United Kingdom
Quick shopping trip

Popped here to visit the M and S store before having lunch nearby. Great parking with plenty of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from USD 19.20
from USD 64.10
from USD 53.80
More Info
All reviews nice shopping experience park and ride bus prezzo clothing pub
Reviewed 2 April 2018

From my point of view this place is o.k. if you like shopping because it's got shops ,its modern bright and well planned out but I do not like shopping and I do not know any man that does and I know quite a few. There didn't appear to be a pub near by where he could get a drink or sit and just wait for his better half.so all in all this is a place for shoppers, and nothing for those who just get dragged there. I will get criticised for this but it's my view and guess the view of quite a few men.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

It's a shame because I used to enjoy Vangarde but being fined £80 for using their car park for less than five minutes because of their parking company manipulating information is ridiculous. There are plenty of other places nearby at Monks Cross and Clifton Moor that I think I'll stick to.

6  Thank DBFH
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Overstayed by 38 mins, £45 fine. Please be aware that the car park is monitored electronically. Find it strange that Marks and Spencer, John Lewis and Next feel that four hours is sufficient time to shop in their stores.

7  Thank Layton E
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a pre-Mother’s day shopping trip and had a great day, wandering all of the shops at leisure, spending a fortune and taking time for lunch and coffee. A great day was ruined by a £45 parking fine (£80 if you don’t pay up in 14 days) for overstaying the 4 hour parking limit!
Whilst the fine may have been legitimate, it smacks of profiteering - how can you experience all that a shopping park has to offer in 4 hours?
I’d suggest that anyone considering a visit carefully time the length of their stay or limit themselves to a speed-shopping experience rather than a leisurely day out. Consider whether that time in the changing room or a quick coffee is worth the cost of parking.
I will not visit again and would not recommend this centre to anyone wanting anything other than a quick browse.

5  Thank MJM71
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Recent shoppers to Vangarde Shopping Park, York, might be interested to read this letter I sent to the car park owners, the shops, Vangarde, York City Council and the Yorkshire Post today:
Horizon Parking Finitor House
2 Hanbury Road Chelmsford Essex
CM1 3AE
Dear Sir/ Madam
Reference: 5034576
Date of issue: 28 February 2018 Vehicle registration: YX10 XSD
I am writing to formally challenge the above Parking Charge Notice.
On 28 February 2018 my vehicle was issued with a Parking Charge Notice for the reason of “Exceeded Maximum Stay Period (ANPR) - Overstay Duration: 40 mins” at Vangarde Shopping Park, York.

In accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1991, my challenge is on the basis that the contravention did not occur. The signage and information for the terms and conditions of parking on this land are poor. I did not see any signs where I parked immediately outside the John Lewis building; I did not see any signs by the entrance doors of the shops; and there is no explanation about this penalty on John Lewis’s, Marks and Spencer’s or Next’s websites. Vangarde’s official Twitter feed states that parking is “free”. In fact, I did not see any signs or information about parking at all, anywhere. As I have normal eyesight, am an able-bodied 61-year-old and consider myself to be observant, I have to draw the conclusion that your signage is poor, otherwise I would have seen it.
Finally, I would add that as I live an hour’s drive away from Vangarde, four hours is not long enough to have lunch; shop at three very large shops; and queue up to try clothes on. It is clear from just four shoppers on TripAdvisor (see below) that I am not alone at being very angry about this parking charge. It is also clear that the shops are losing business because of this draconian rule.
As Vicky B from Lincoln says on TripAdvisor: “Have visited Vangarde dozens of times and never seen a notice.”
Michelleflann from Kingston-upon-Hull says: “Crux of the matter is didn’t know we could park for just four hours. Signage is extremely poor.”
Elita from London says: “We saw no signs advertising [the parking charge] so the fine appearing on the doormat was a shock!! Think it will be a while before we visit again.”
Motorists like myself are fed up of money-grabbing car park owners extracting exhorbitant fines from innocent shoppers, many of whom are more than happy to abide by rules if they are fair and if only they knew about them. But I, like many, will think twice about shopping at Vangarde after receiving this parking charge of £45 if paid in 14 days or £80 if paid after 14 days.
Pam S from Harrogate won’t be shopping at Vangarde again: “Which marketing genius came up with penalising shoppers for staying longer and spending more?”

For all these reasons, but primarily because of poor signage, I look forward to receiving notification within 28 days that the Parking Charge Notice has been cancelled.

Yours faithfully
Linda Blackburne
Cc John Lewis/Next/M&S/Vangarde Shopping Park/York City Council/Yorkshire Post/TripAdvisor

Date of experience: February 2018