“Ideal location. Top quality apartment.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Gillygate Central

Key pad closed
Wall mounted fire in addition to full central heating. Real wooden floor.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Key pad closed
Wall mounted fire in addition to full central heating.
Real wooden floor.
Separate, private entrance.
Sleek, modern shower room.
Fully fitted kitchen diner.
No washing up with an integrated dishwasher.
Super-king bed.  TV with DVD.
Can be twin beds on request.
Easy to operate chair-beds allow the apartment to accommodate 4.
Dining table can be extended to accommodate 4.
Eat in or eat out - you will be in the centre of a vibrant city with every option.
A complimentary bottle of prosecco will be waiting in the fridge for you.
The time will fly in this beautiful city and luxurious apartment.
Keypad closed
Opening keypad
Keys revealed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
269MiaC
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Ideal location. Top quality apartment.”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Just returned from a wonderful eight day break in sunny York.
Gillygate is a great location with plenty of cafes and bars on the doorstep and an easy stroll to the centre.
The apartment is incredibly comfortable with many top quality touches. Lynne was very helpful and answered any of our queries straight away.
The use of a garage was a bonus and we were able to park our car without worry (it didn't turn a wheel for the whole week).
Would have no hesitation in booking a return visit.

22 Aug 2016
Thank you for such a positive review. It was great to know that you had such a terrific time in York and Gillygate Central. We'd love to welcome you again on a return visit.
Jfre70562
Chard, United Kingdom
“Excellent, modern and well appointed apartment”
Reviewed 10 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I actually booked this for my parents, who are not users of the internet hence I am putting the review up based on their comments back to me - which were that this is a lovely apartment, modern features and lots of nice extra touches included.

The central location was also a real help, all in all this is definitely somewhere they would stay again, and I may well book it myself next time I go for a trip to York.

Recommended for:
Older travelers
10 Jul 2016
Thanks for writing such a nice review. We'd love to see you (and of course your parents, again!).
twinkle65...
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, Fabulous apartment, lovely welcoming warm & friendly owner”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

This was my 1st holiday away with my 2 boys aged 12 & 13 and it was the best choice I could have made. The apartment was gorgeous, clean and modern with everything you could need and more. We enjoyed evenings spent in the apartment as much as we did out and about.
Lynne had left us everything we would need on arrival including a lovely bottle of wine. A folder included leaflets and information on places to visit and recommendations for eating.
I decided not to drive there but relax on a train and I am so glad as the apartment is central to everything, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go apart from Eden Camp but again Lynne was so thoughtful in leaving us a bus timetable telling us which bus and at which stop to get on.
I canot speak highly enough of both the apartment and Lynne and I guarentee I will be back. Thanks for making our time there special

Liked best: Everything was perfect
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 Jul 2016
It gives me great pleasure that for such a special first holiday you came to Gillygate Central and York. But more important - you enjoyed yourselves so much! It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to your return visit one day.
Reviewed 30 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Jul 2016
Thank you so much for writing a review. It was a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your visit to York and Gillygate Central so much. We would love to see you both again one day.
Happydays...
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location, welcoming host, very comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 30 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Gillygate central was perfect for us. Short walk to the city centre, but really quiet inside. It is as it looks on the photographs. Really comfortable in every way.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!
30 May 2016
What more could I ask for? Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review and we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing