“...And the sunshine was just the cherry on top!”
Review of Ambience - CLOSED

Ambience
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ambience has the most beautiful city walled garden with minster views! Inside is small and intimate with a very warm and friendly atmosphere. Out side we have a covered area with has heaters for the colder days and evenings also we have a graveled area and a garden area to relax in!You must come and have a look you will be very impressed
Reviewed 30 March 2012

As far as first impressions go our visit didn't disappoint!! The staff were so lovely and created a such calm and enjoyable atmosphere, even though they were busy flying here, there and everywhere preparing and serving their wonderful food. We were greeted with and cheery 'Hello' and beaming smile from the Owner/Chef Guy as we wandered through the Cafe into Ambience's delightful patio area and garden. THE perfect place on a warm, sunny day! No sooner had we put our order through and our lunch arrived, looking and smelling delicious... And it was! Freshly baked scone, jam, and cream to finish, again delicious and great value for money.

I would highly recommend as visit to here, even if the sun isn't shining as I'm sure the combination of wonderful food, friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere will warm you and bring a smile to your face.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Popped in for breakfast, and wow what a great place, staff are friendly and the food is awesome

Reviewed 26 March 2012

If you are In York and looking for a really scrumptious Sunday Lunch, you couldn't do better than to go to Ambience. It is a small intimate place with a lovely walled garden. The food is home cooked and totally delicious. The staff are helpful and friendly. If I lived in York it would be a regular haunt of mine. Places like this deserve to do well. Highly recommended!

1  Thank MARY H
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I'd been told about amibence by some friends of mine and thought it would be a nice place to take my mum. It was fantastic, a lovely warm day to sit outside in their fantastic garden looking onto the city walls. Excellent!

I had eggs royal and my mother had the platter board. Cooked brilliantly and presentation was amazing. Very professional, the staff were so friendly nothing is too much trouble was made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the lunch. Will definitely be going back in the future!!!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have visited Ambience cafe around five times now, i have moved to York recently and after trying lots of other coffee bars in the centre, this is definatly my number one choice! After talking with the owner (Guy) i was pleased to find out that he used to work at the Farmers Cart as the head chef, this is also one of my treat places to eat because of the good food! The experience in cooking has obviously paid off for Guy now he has setup his own buisness, ambience does what is says on the tin...great feel, amazingly tasty food, super staff...